Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVip FRIACO - Migration from Current Services

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Originally posted by corkie
    ...Your login and password from your UTVip account should work with UTVipXL.

Was having problems with my old username and password early this morning (as in 12.01am :D). I kept getting "Invalid username or password" (or something similar).

Rang them a few minutes ago and was told that it should work. They re-set the password (using the same one again) and it works fine. BTW, I'm using Win XP.

Anyone any experience of UTVipXL under Linux?

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭niallb

Hi,
    I moved house in February and changed my Telephone number with UTVip.

When my account was switched over to XL,
    I was failing on what looked like a password,
    but it turned out it was looking for the old phone number.

If you're having problems and you have changed number since signing up originally, ring up and check which number you're using

I had the phone answered on the 3rd ring and the problem identified and solved inside 1 minute.
    Nice one UTV.

NiallB

p.s. I think putting 13513 before the number breaks the XL dialin - I was using it on the original UTVip to be sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Is there any way at all to speed up the connection speed above my original speed of 44kbps because it seems much slower than Eircoms dial-up speed?

I heard something about getting your speed increases to 64kbps with ADSL, can I get this? if so, how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Malcolm

Originally posted by niallb
    Hi,
    I moved house in February and changed my Telephone number with UTVip.

When my account was switched over to XL,
    I was failing on what looked like a password,
    but it turned out it was looking for the old phone number.

If you're having problems and you have changed number since signing up originally, ring up and check which number you're using

I had the phone answered on the 3rd ring and the problem identified and solved inside 1 minute.
    Nice one UTV.

NiallB

p.s. I think putting 13513 before the number breaks the XL dialin - I was using it on the original UTVip to be sure...
    Some points:
    We need the account number and exact CLI you are using to access the internet to activate the service.
    If using the dialler do not change the number, simply ensure it is displaying 1893 242242.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by eireboy
    Is there any way at all to speed up the connection speed above my original speed of 44kbps because it seems much slower than Eircoms dial-up speed?

I heard something about getting your speed increases to 64kbps with ADSL, can I get this? if so, how?

ADSL is not dial up. You can get speeds of 64kbs with ISDN though but you have to pay extra a month for this with €ircon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Malcolm

Information

Migrated customers should have been able to access the service from 9.10am this morning using the dialler, provided

1. they are connecting from the telephone number registered previously for the UTVip service.

2. if using ISDN that the number presented has been registered, and in fact both numbers should be registered.

3. they use their existing username and password from the old UTVip Service.

4. they are not dialling the old UTVip number (135131890927161) or any other dial-up number except 1893 242 242.

If you have migrated (before the end of June) and not downloaded the dialler yet, your old UTVip account has been de-activated and access will be denied on the 135131890927161 number. To download the dialler software change your dial up networking number to 1893 242 242. Then use the dialler to utilise the new service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭sixtysix

Dear Malcolm,
    18.52pm still getting this message: incorrect user name or password.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Was able to connect fine all afternoon today.
    Went out for a few hours, came back dialled up, got connected ok, but can't access any pop mails, cant open any websites either.

Had to resort to the rat to get onto boards to see if anyone else is experiencing the same. Anyone?

Tried reinstalling the UTV dialler, still no joy.

The only thing I can think might have caused it was I tried setting up a connection share across my network. I've deactivated the share and like I say, reinstalled the dialler. I'm totally stumped. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I manually installed the 1893 number cuz the dialer wouldnt install... i contacted UTV IP and they said that its not essential to use the dialer.. All is working OK, took 3 dial ups to get going tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

I think they are having severe problems, I have also had the same problem and I'm not using the dialler. Its good to have a backup.

No doubt we'll hear pleas of being victims of their own success or something along that line.

M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Had another go, and seems to be working fine again.

Must be a huge number of subscribers dialling on around this time, I guess.

Being early days, there are bound to be a few teething troubles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

All good at last...yesterday cost so a few euro extra cos i had to dial up with iol but i crunched in the new number this afternoon and got in first thing.

I'm sort of optimistic about this new deal cos i think it will get more people online and using it comfortably without time pressures....in turn should lead to a demand from ordinary punters for broadband services...

Little steps...

Thanks also to Malcolm/Scott & the UTV team.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by Tzetze
    Was able to connect fine all afternoon today.
    Went out for a few hours, came back dialled up, got connected ok, but can't access any pop mails, cant open any websites either.

Had to resort to the rat to get onto boards to see if anyone else is experiencing the same. Anyone?

Tried reinstalling the UTV dialler, still no joy.

The only thing I can think might have caused it was I tried setting up a connection share across my network. I've deactivated the share and like I say, reinstalled the dialler. I'm totally stumped. :(
    ]

I've had this problem on and off over the past couple of month with the UTVip lite service. You can connect but no packets get sent or received. Don't think it's anything specific to the new service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Yes I have been experiencing the same problem over the last 8 weeks or so. Intermittant, and apart from last weekend, not too bad. The conenction usually recovers after a while or a redial. It seems grand since last night :).
    And I really enjoyed being able to do research during the day and checking mail much more frequently then I used too ... a great boon when you are selfemployed & working from home ...

A very happy camper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Nobody

Hmm, no luck getting past the "password" pop-up on the new dialer. Heh, II suppose it would help if I could remember the bloomin' thing. If I'd only known that all I had to change was the damn phone number.... arg. :(

Anyone know where on UTV's website I can request it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Originally posted by Nobody
    Hmm, no luck getting past the "password" pop-up on the new dialer. Heh, II suppose it would help if I could remember the bloomin' thing. If I'd only known that all I had to change was the damn phone number.... arg. :(

The only way to get your UN and PW is to give UTV Support a ring @ 1890 926 111

OHP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Originally posted by Nobody

i had the same problem but i just stop using thier dialler and used windoze one and hey presto i'm flat rate all the way baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

When I got the e-mail to download the XL dialler I clicked on the link and it brought me to a site and started downloading loads of files like UNWISE.exe and ICC200.exe etc etc etc and after about 10mins it finished downloading and started to install, until it got as far as my USB modem which it could not detect at all cause it kept looking for ADSL or a modem on comport 1 or 2. Anyway it failed to install and I rang UTVS and set up a new Dial Up Connection using the new number and it seemed to work fine until I shut down and tried to dial in again. But after much fiddling about with the connection settings, loads of dialups that connected but would not even open www.u.tv/ or any other URL or mail. It finally started to work for some reason so I'm a happy chappy now. The thing is though, what are those files for? I only mentioned 2 of them but there was a lot more of them. Also a big ‘Thank You’ to UTV for once again coming up with the goods and for all your outstanding help. Dispite all the little hiccups. :D

OHP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭sixtysix

Dear Malcom,
    Its working fine now-well done

Advertisement