Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acceptable Stability Test

• 25-06-2003 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just wondering what ye would concider a good test to see if a cpu is stable.

Have an Xp1800+ (1.53ghz) @ 2.13ghz , normally id run a dvd ripper for a few hours but this is on a different machine and dvd drive not installed yet.

I have sandra, used the Burn test for 1.5hrz with no probs - what is the general time??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by COL_LOKI
    I have sandra, used the Burn test for 1.5hrz with no probs - what is the general time??

tbh, I find that does the job nicely,
    Generally a good indicator I find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Ahh cheers, am very happy with that. Installed the DVD drive & Tried DVD ripping for about 4 hrs aswell and temps never went over 38', God i love the TT Xaser case :) - 2.2ghz next up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,149 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

sandra isnt much use as a test u want to loop 3dmark 01 for 12 hrs plus

or better still run Prime 95 (torture test) for 24 hours for full stability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Ummm , torture test it is then!! Will try it and see how she goes, prob wont pass prime95 but i think it wont be far off.

Advertisement