Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good news from the Middle East for a change!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The story I heard on the radio was "Bush said it wasn't enough" and Israel considered the cease fire "A threat to the peace process" :rolleyes:

Of course some people just see it as an excuse to build up. It would be better to take it as it is.

Btw, in other news I see Bush accusing Europe of funding Hamas. I've had a look around and until Bushes comment I can't find anything to back him up (except comments about Muslim charities funding terrorist groups).

Anyone have more information on this? Or is Bush just full of sh!t again (ref: Iraq war, French/Russian bashing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Looks like its already out the window.

Full Story
    GAZA (Reuters) - Israel killed four Palestinians in a missile strike and gun battle in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday and Palestinian militant leaders denied agreeing to a cease-fire needed to bolster a stumbling new U.S.-backed peace plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

The story I heard on the radio was "Bush said it wasn't enough" and Israel considered the cease fire "A threat to the peace process"

Of course some people just see it as an excuse to build up. It would be better to take it as it is.

cf DUP and Ian Paisley vis a vis the PIRA.
    Btw, in other news I see Bush accusing Europe of funding Hamas. I've had a look around and until Bushes comment I can't find anything to back him up (except comments about Muslim charities funding terrorist groups)

I think we have an answer to what our 'consequences' will be anyway. Alienate Europe, make it a pariah and bingo, people will buy American. In GWB's little world. It ignores the reality that world wide Europe has many more friends than the US or at least generates a lot less visceral hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Btw, in other news I see Bush accusing Europe of funding Hamas. I've had a look around and until Bushes comment I can't find anything to back him up (except comments about Muslim charities funding terrorist groups).

Anyone have more information on this? Or is Bush just full of sh!t again (ref: Iraq war, French/Russian bashing).

He's also started stirring the sh1t on the GM foods front again.

Saw a guy on the news protesting with a sign that read
    "STOP THE BUSHit". I thought it was pretty accurate!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Imposter
    He's also started stirring the sh1t on the GM foods front again.
    One of the British papers had a piece about how the chemical sassociated with certain GM crops were promoting super weeds (like super-bugs associated with the over-use of anti-biotics).

http://www.edie.net/gf.cfm?L=left_frame.html&R=http://www.edie.net/news/Archive/5149.cfm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Victor
    One of the British papers had a piece about how the chemical sassociated with certain GM crops were promoting super weeds (like super-bugs associated with the over-use of anti-biotics).

Yeah, but they're obviously pro-EU in their stance. Dubya will trot out his own experts who point and laugh at these findings, and say that this not only proves that the allegations are false, but that the EU is involved in a campaign of deception to fool the consumer into believing that they dont want GM foods.

:)

jc

Advertisement