Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scirocco

Options
  • 25-06-2003 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

A buddy of mine is thinking of buying a Scirocco at da weekend,and has asked me 2 come along for da ride.

Now, while he knows a handy bit about em I know f- all bout VW's , especially Sciroccos.
    He'll b asking me for advice on it,considering i'm a mechanic,but i know very little bout VW'S ( Toyota Mechanic ).

Does anybody have any tips of things i should look out for when viewing/taking it for a spin??? Every car has certain things dat go after a while,and no doubt da Scirocco will b da same.

Any help would b greatly appreciated.Otherwise i'll get da piss pulled outta me for not having a clue.Clueless mechanic!!!!!! Not a good thing...........
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I hope its cheap! Seriously, its a Golf in drag so should
    have decent build and reliable, simple mechanicals.

I'm not aware of any inherent faults with the Scirocco just lookout for the usual pitfalls with cars of a certain age and milage like corression under doors, under the sills, in the boot floor etc.

Meanwhile go here http://www.vwmonline.co.uk/techforum/techform.asp for a rundown of VW troubles.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 speed demon

Cheers for dat.Its cheap enough,just hoping its fast enough as well:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

carsurvey.org might be a good place to look for info on this model.

should be obvious what does or doesn't go wrong on this model from replies submitted by other owners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

The only weekness I know about on those cars is the central locking system which stop operating because of the vacuum pump and also some rust problem at the door pilars.

the car is very reliable and most of the parts are from VW Golf itself. Just a better engine and stronger as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 speed demon

Cheers for da help lads,but da cars been sold b4 i got a chance 2 c or drive it.
    Arrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least i've got da VW bug now. Woohoo!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

Well at least a Bug is more fun than a Scirocco! :D nicer looking too imo.

Advertisement