Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which is better for online gaming

Options
  • 25-06-2003 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

which will be better for online i'm on isdn 64k

1. UTVIP XL
    2. ESAT ANYTIME
    3. EIRCOM'S ANYTIME SERVICE

i like utv's idea but the idea of having the telephone package aswell puts me off. also i heard it's not great for online gaming.

esats is good even though more expensive no telephone package.

and of course we come to eircom which havn't announced anything (shock surprize horror :eek: )

which option is best for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

well these packages arnt out yet so i cant be sure but atm for lowest ping over isdn esat are best, eircom comes second and utv's pings arnt any better then 56k :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh atm i'm using oceanfree.net and i get better pings on that than errorcom but i was wondering whats the ping like on netsmart is it good cos the anytime ping should be about the same give or take a little

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Friend of mine on ISDN has both the current ESAT and UTVip packages. (hes a heavy user ;) )

Pings on the Esat one are lower (by far) and more stable than on UTVip. Esat one also appears to be slightly better than Eircom on most servers (but not all, their routing aint great to some places in Europe).

Overall atm id reccomend Esat.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cheers for the reply helped my alot !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

I found Indigo (Eircom) to be best on a 1891 number with 64kisdn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Having said the above yesterday, my friend suddenly got 50% pl to everywhere on Esat. Guess its just a blip tho. (or a prob his end, any one else get this?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I was getting poor lots of losson esat last night so they are probably having some problem somewhere. On the whole though id recommend Esat's package if your a gamer, I am on the netsmart 120 package and have to say I get great ping times on it i.e. 55-60ms steady to most U.K. H-L related servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

lo, I'm bk's friend. hi bk!

Yes this packetloss is troubling still have it today and its making games unplayable .:mad:

Its great when its working tho, best of them all imo. lets hope its only temporarly.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

I even get 0 Packetloss in-game , as i know you play counter-strike Cr3m0. You'd need WAY less than 50pl to play any way properly, headshots and the likes. So listen to the advice that's given here and choose wisely ;)

Advertisement