Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank you

Options
  • 26-06-2003 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

[Away from the noise on the other forum, I think it timely to give some recognition where it is deserved]

Minister Ahern. An example of how conviction, followed through, can have a far greater effect than blindly throwing money at a problem or ignoring/pandering to it in the hope it will go away. Your conviction will be shown to have been justified.

UTV, for unrivalled commitment to the customer.

EsatBT & Nevadatele (Energis), for perseverance in the face of persistent obstruction, without which FRIACO would not have been possible.

ComReg, who in six months have achieved more for the internet user than the ODTR's entire contribution. Long may it continue.

Those who didn't knock the products, because those who do don't understand FRIACO and/or its significance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Good to see an upbeat and optimistic post here. How long before someone comes in with a negative response to this though?
    We are getting somewhere in this country now. If the momentum continues, we may even start to pick up lost ground and overtake other countries with regard to broadband penetration and internet users. I for one will do whatever I can to help this to happen.
    Good on ya Xian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

I must echo Xian's sentiments whole heartedly, adding a thank you to the committed staff of the DCMNR who sought answers to the questions we always brought to the table during our meetings.

It's been a long journey, but an educational one which has led to an indepth understanding amongst the IOFFL committee and some of its members I hope into how a voluntary group such as ours can play an important role in making the changes we knew were needed.

Finally a big thank you to the entire IOFFL crew, past and present whose committment and drive ensured we got this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Not to forget the committed few journalists who made it their mission to bring the truth of the situation to the people. Silicon Republic, ENN, Newstalk 106 et al. take a bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by MDR
    Not to forget the committed few journalists who made it their mission to bring the truth of the situation to the people. Silicon Republic, ENN, Newstalk 106 et al. take a bow.

Sunday Business Post as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

And the Sunday Tribune, The Irish Times, and PC Live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Here Here to all the above

And a mention to all at Boards for hosting this forum which has been an important part of the process

And those members of the committee who put in countless hours (mostly unsung) working on this. The general membership of IOFFL has no appreciation of the huge number of hours that the committee spend working on our behalf.

This is a milestone, not a terminus. Lets hope that the spirit doesn't flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

Aye. Thumbs up to the committee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

This thread is getting a wee bit creepy. Can we get back to our bitching now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Without a shadow of doubt. IOFFL and the voluntary committee members and especially the Chairman, David Long.

Have been the primary force behind bringing flat-rate internet access at a fair price too the Irish people. Without them who knows where we might now be!.

Certainly, I doubt if we would be enjoying the benefits of all the new Internet access ISP services that are being made available as and from the 27th June 2003.

Generally, the people of Ireland do not fully appreciate the work of voluntary organisations and I feel sure that the IOFFL Committee & Chairman are fully aware that most citizens will remain unaware of their magnificent achievements too date.

Well done all at IOFFL.

Paddy20:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    This thread is getting a wee bit creepy.

Yeah. I didn't intend it to become some kind of Oscar Speech.

Thanks to eircomtribunal, Buddha, Denny's sausages(tm) and Eircom (ha! for realizing when the game was up)

Thread locked.

/wish I had MDRs SOOPER POWERS

Can we get back to our bitching now?

Let the bitching continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

congrats to all

ireland offline
    irish times
    newtalk
    business post
    comreg

etc.

i'm getting all weepy now get wait til i get my iol anytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Xian,

Quote:- " Thread locked " end quote.

Your - Thread locked - statement is misleading as it is NOT locked as far as I can see!.

This may explain why people are not posting more -thank you- posts on this thread.

Please clarify the true situation?...

Paddy20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

Originally posted by Paddy20
    Please clarify the true situation?...

Originally posted by Xian
    /wish I had MDRs SOOPER POWERS

It's a joke. Geddit?

Oh, and before you ask neither Denny's nor any of their products were influential in any way in the introduction of flat rate. Just for the record. I mean, they're grand (me I prefer SuperQuinn sausages myself but that's neither here nor there) but the possibility of agricultural produce influencing telecoms is ridiculous, innit. Kind of like...er...humourous. (you don't get it, do you P20? Ah well)

[while I'm here, can I sneak in a big up to Nick 'The Greek' Negroponte? No? Oh. Alright then. I won't]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Can't cope with all the love, things are getting a litte OTT peeps ....

Advertisement