Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What did Rusedski say??

• 26-06-2003 6:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Did anybody see Rusedski launch his verbals during the tennis??

What did he say? I'd say it was hilarious!

I'd loved to have seen all those shocked little Timmy Henman idolisers all over Britain watching with shock, open mouthed and disbelieving the gutter language out of him. No doubt Rusedski will no longer be British as he was in the US Open final, but now he will be the 'ex-Canadian'!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i watched it live. it was basically ****ing this and ****ing that. called the person in the crowd a wanker, told the umpire he was useless at his job. slammed things to the ground. he was lucky to only get a $2500 fine. it was funny though to see the reactions of some of the people behind him. the BBC showed it all again in full on the highlights show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    the BBC showed it all again in full on the highlights show

I was surpised to see the BBC doin that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They did issue a clear warning beforehand then they let him rip!

The crazy thing about that whole incident was that the point in question did'nt matter, Roddick was on serve and ahead and would have won the game anyway, then the Canuck would have
    still been a break up and almost certainly would have served out
    to win the 3rd set. Crazy.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

if you watched it live you heard it all! fatastic well cought bbc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by weemcd
    if you watched it live you heard it all! fatastic well cought bbc

Couldn't agree more :D

It was a sort of meaningless point orite but why didn't he just call the referee out to the court instead of just goin nuts :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

This is why I hope they never implement Hawkeye... they'd never be able to dispute anything = no fun :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

He was saying that some w**ker in the crowd made the noise and that it was f**king stupid that the point wasnt replayed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

The crazy thing about that whole incident was that the point in question did'nt matter, Roddick was on serve and ahead and would have won the game anyway, then the Canuck would have
    still been a break up and almost certainly would have served out
    to win the 3rd set. Crazy.

That kind of thing just happens some times, i just flip out for not much of a reason at all. They should reall have replayed the point though cuz u could clearly hear a person(or 2) shot out, and both of them thought that it was out. I was pretty funny to see him flip out though!:D :D

Advertisement