Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tactics

Options
  • 26-06-2003 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Im lanning at the weekend and being a newbie (compared to the other guys lanning|), Ive only been playing for a couple of days, what tactics should I employ.
    I was thinking of Tanking, Ya know ur pretty well protected and I dont have enuf skill for the copters. I could spend the rest of the week brushing up on my driving skills if that would work????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Thats nice. This weekend I'm hoping to do my garden, I'll be watering it and really need to give teh front a cut as well. I'm also hoping to do a bit of weeding as well, but the whole thing really depends on the weather.
    Whats everyope else up to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

I spose this situation requires some tactics too. I'm going to walk away slowly, just smiling and nodding. I didn't think day-releasers' got internet access :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

destroy planes before your teammates can get into them, constantly use voice messages, and always, always, beach ships

I didn't think day-releasers' got internet access
    obviously I was wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

If you're playing with more experienced players, accept that you won't get huge scores.

Make yourself useful, be a support guy and jump into the machine gun seat in a moving tank.

If the tank gets damaged, get behind it and repair it. If you see a base being defended by your team mates, get a mortar down and start hitting enemy positions.

You'll find yourself picking up quite a few skills by hanging behind a bit and watching and supporting the others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Some good advise there ssh.
    There’s a lot a newbie can do to help the more experienced players. For starters while pilots are awaiting planes I would suggest you make them a nice cup of coco, nothing warms you up better before your up up and away. Also sometimes humvees windscreens can get quite dirty, why not get a cloth and give them a wipe and wash down. It can make all the difference in a battle. Or maybe you could offer to carry someones RPG for them, and a bit of spare ammo. Oranges as well make a refreshing mid battle snack with maybe some ice tea. Yummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PLay as Engineer , Mine every Bridge , repair anything in sight.
    Using the rifle will make you really good cos its kinda hard to kill people with.

Keep playing even in single player just driving tanks repairing them etc:

If you can complete one round in MP without dying and not losing the tank you started with you should have a very good score.

kdjac

Some good advise there ssh.
    There’s a lot a newbie can do to help the more experienced players. For starters while pilots are awaiting planes I would suggest you make them a nice cup of coco, nothing warms you up better before your up up and away. Also sometimes humvees windscreens can get quite dirty, why not get a cloth and give them a wipe and wash down. It can make all the difference in a battle. Or maybe you could offer to carry someones RPG for them, and a bit of spare ammo. Oranges as well make a refreshing mid battle snack with maybe some ice tea. Yummy.

wow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

this lan ur heading to isnt darkside now is it ? :)

my advice, grab a stinger and take down them heilcoptors, they are so full of them selves :D

Advertisement