Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iraq + Bush = Ironic

Options
  • 26-06-2003 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3021794.stm

hows that? First kill them off and then train them up.
    Furthermore , i have tried to keep an eye on who is getting what of the cake and it seems to me , that all major contracts for 'rebuilding' goes to US companies or am i wrong ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by Wook
    Furthermore , i have tried to keep an eye on who is getting what of the cake and it seems to me , that all major contracts for 'rebuilding' goes to US companies or am i wrong ?

Of course they are. After all they're in power and in the most part they are financing it. You can't really blame them on that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

48 Million dollars to build an army of (as reported) 12,000 men?

Thats not an awful lot of cash on a per-man basis, even assuming that it only covers equipment (and profit for Northrop-Grumann)

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

yeah seen it as well , doesnt seem to be a lot of money.
    a celebrety could afford a small army at that price...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Nothing about it on Grumman's website. You would think establishing a nation's army would be a pretty important thing. Maybe they don't like the association with mercenaries that such activities migh bring.

Advertisement