Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of GP & Consultant Visits

Options
  • 26-06-2003 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Anyone here been to a GP or hospital consultant recently?

I was just wondering what you pay for GP or consultant visits? It would be interesting to know what the going rate is in different counties/areas...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Last time (4-5 months ago) I paid 35 yoyos in IFSC medical center, a friend recently paid 45 yoyos in a local village doctor in Galway. ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

i went to GP to get a contact number for a consultant.. costed me 40 euro for the GP to grab the phonebook and write a letter, then i went to the consultant and paid 110 euro for 5 minutes visit.

Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭MazyMo

Geesh!

that's a bargain Wook. Wish I could get €40 for looking up telephone numbers...

If you had telephoned the doc, do you think they would have given out the telephone number for free?

Or would they have said you have to see them in person (so they can charge you!)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I've been going to a lot of both recently. My GP charges €40. Depending on the consultant, I've been forking out either €80 or €100 per consultation.

[edit] Forgot to mention that I'm in Limerick although the consultancy fees were mostly in Dublin [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

in order to get 'visiting right' to the consultant you need to pass by the GP, even when you know your condition and be certain a GP can do ****-all about it.

• Advertisement

So, when people are paying €80 - €110 (or whatever) to a consultant, can they instead see the consultant as a public outpatient?

Do you have to pay to see consultants as a public outpatient, or do you have to pay to see them only as a private outpatient?

So, when people are paying €80 - €110 (or whatever) to a consultant, can they instead see the consultant as a public outpatient?

Do you have to pay to see consultants as a public outpatient, or do you have to pay to see them only as a private outpatient?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Originally posted by MazyMo

I think it's free as a public outpatient but there's usually a long ass waiting list. God knows I've waited long enough to see some of the private consultants, I can only imagine how long it would take to get an appointment with the public ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

GP €45 - Dublin.

Advertisement