Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix, is it w...

Options
  • 26-06-2003 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

ve finally finished it! Yes it took my only three days to read its 760 something pages and every one of them was great!

Now...i'm not gonna spoil it, but the person who dies was the person i didn't expect...and when that person did die...i felt shocked...but after reading on i forgot all about it because the bit after was excerlent.

What are your thoughts/views?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Originally posted by namuras
    the person who dies was the person i didn't expect...and when that person did die...i felt shocked...
    Really? He was becoming more and more restless and his reckless nature was touched upon repeatedly from first chapter on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

finished it last night...very good

I love the fact he is a moody git, like a 15 year old would be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    finished it last night...very good

I love the fact he is a moody git, like a 15 year old would be :)
    Yeah, it's great to have him angry, adds a much darker side to the book and makes it more realistic. I hated Harry at some points in the other books when he just kept his cool, or concealed his rage, whereas here he displays it much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I only started reading late last night but even from the early pages Harry comes across as being really ticked off with everyone and everything. I'm really enjoying the less angelic dark side of him, as nosmo also mentioned. I'm also very interested in Aunt Petunia's story, she's mixed up in the magic world more than she's letting on. Maybe Lord Voldemort's her bit on the side! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

Well I finished it last Sat., but it was only a skim read coz I have to give it away. Might have missed bits, but still a good read.

Enjoyed the fact that Harry got upset at people, and that he hasn't come to terms with the stuff that happened in Goblet. Liked the darkness Rowling brought up about Sirius Black's family, that house was cool.

but didn't want
    Sirius to die. And a kinda pointless one. He was one of my fav characters. Plus it really does isolate Harry even further from the "adult" world

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

Originally posted by Fence
    Well I finished it last Sat., but it was only a skim read coz I have to give it away. Might have missed bits, but still a good read.

Enjoyed the fact that Harry got upset at people, and that he hasn't come to terms with the stuff that happened in Goblet. Liked the darkness Rowling brought up about Sirius Black's family, that house was cool.

but didn't want
    Sirius to die. And a kinda pointless one. He was one of my fav characters. Plus it really does isolate Harry even further from the "adult" world

she is probalbly building up to something for the next books
    where he has to call on all his anger from being alone in order to kill Voldemort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

it magicaly appeared in a PDF format onto my hard disk...have to read it on a pc-screen....

is it not too hyped or is it worth reading ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

Originally posted by Wook
    it magicaly appeared in a PDF format onto my hard disk...have to read it on a pc-screen....

is it not too hyped or is it worth reading ?

if you read the first ones then you will enjoy it as it explains allot of why things happend the way they did.

wouldn't be able to read it on a screen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

read it as well and i really enjoyed it. Harry being moody kind of annoyed me a bit, but i think there's a great passage near the end of the book where dumbledore is talking to him and some of the stuff he said made harry more likeable.

I also didnt expect that person to die.
    it just seemed like they were about to embark on a beautiful relationship and then it got wasted. but that bit at the end with luna lovegood and the voices behind the curtain might make serius feature a little bit in the next 2 books?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by thedrowner
    read it as well and i really enjoyed it. Harry being moody kind of annoyed me a bit,
    Perhaps he'll do an Anakin Skywalker and take his place at the emperor<cough>, er, Dark Lord's side before buying a big black cloak:D[1]

I'd imagine what you posted behind spoiler tags is right, thedrowner. Rowling does seem to put in little details for a specific reason.

[1]
    though obviously he'll have to kill him anyway. Prophecy and all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Originally posted by Wook

I seriously doubt that's a genuine copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

There is a real one floating around kazaa - missing 2 chapters in the middle tho. My brother gave my copy away to a mate without askin me so i downloaded it off kazaa (id just finished readin the first four again and didnt wanna have to wait 2 days to reread ootp). Took about half an hour to find the real one tho - must have gotten at least 15 renamed copies of paradise lost :).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Dar
    There is a real one floating around kazaa - missing 2 chapters in the middle tho.
    Probably scanned from one of these

Advertisement