Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gothic 2

Options
  • 26-06-2003 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Lately Ive been hearing more than one person raving about this game , how did i miss it ? how longs it been out ? whats it like ? gimmy the ? JIST !

whats the needed speccys ?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It's only just out tbh.

If you've a good graphics card, you'll do fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

It's an excellent single player RPG. Blows Morrowind right out of the water (IMHO). It has a grest atmosphere and the world feels "alive". It got hardly any hype whatsoever - it will be word of mouth like this that'll hopefully make it big :)

Boog.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

well I just bought it, unfortunately I only have a g-force 2 mx...so id say i will strugle :(

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bikini widow

yep I just bought it a few days ago, and haven't really had to much time to get into it.

But from what i've seen so far it looks pretty okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by boogie man
    It's an excellent single player RPG. Blows Morrowind right out of the water (IMHO). It has a grest atmosphere and the world feels "alive". It got hardly any hype whatsoever - it will be word of mouth like this that'll hopefully make it big :)

Agreed, it does blow Morrowind out of the water. And I'm quite a big fan of Morrowind, to be honest. But Gothic 2 is so much better scripted it's unbeleivable. Teh fact that we're not only made 'Aware' of this immense orc invasion in the game, but actually show a part of it
    in the whole Orc Siege on the castle, and one of the side quests being taking out a head orc shaman, or such.[/quote] Far better than most games, tbh as I felt with morrowind the idea that nomatter what I did, everything would just go on as it always does, whereas with Gothic 2, there's a real sense of progression in the storyline. In fact, most of the side quests do tie into the plot in some way, leaving a much less of a 'Computer Game' feel to it.

Another thing I like is that the combat isn't simple point and click. You need to have some decent skill as a player, other than some pre-defined stats to be any good in a fight. A good weapon, or high strength might land a crushing blow, but if you're not well versed in the game, no ****ing chance of you landing said blow. Brilliant way of doing things, compared to the boresome way of doing things usually in RPGs. Point'n'Click and all.

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Always had a spot for Gothic... It was painfully addictive...
    I'll get my hands on a copy somehow and dig in...
    I'm at the stage where I need a new gaming injection...

And what better to start with Gothic 2 and Half-Life 2 (When it comes out)...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

i cant get a job in real life and i cant get a job in the game :rolleyes: fs ! why is it so hard to get a job ? i need to find an orcs axe OR... find the thiefs guild to become a member of the town so i can become a member of the men at arms so i can become a paladin....jeez louize with a cherry on top

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Do I have to say it!?
    Bring on the pic's please...

So it still has the "Interact With Different Guild Type Towns Folk To Join Specific TYPES of clans" or whatnot element... You can't beat it, although the first one didn't have too much variation in the three Guilds... Hopefully the sequel has a better edge to the system :D

Advertisement