Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Article on the Irish independent music scene...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 the she

When asked about the state of the independent music scene overall, Devine says, “how healthy is it for independent musicians/bands to get gigs, record, get played on the radio, get known, and do it all cheaply? Well, I can only talk about how I’ve found it, and it’s a hard road to travel, especially financially…”

Well, you could always just claim on the dole and get your (ex)girlfriend to pay for your drinking sessions. twat.

(also, you could send e-mail to all on your mailing list telling people to inundate poor pearl on her sunday morning show requesting your songs to be played:rolleyes:)

There are ways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sgarapolo

After my visit to Dublin from New York City, you all should be pleased with a very high per-capita Kick-Butt music ratio. I saw some great music and it was easily located.... seeming to be everywhere....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭der

hello the she

whether you know me personally or not, my personal life is none of your business and i know for a fact this ex-girlfriend you speak of would not appreciate you talking on a MUSIC message board about me or my relationship with her so uninformedly and in such a derogatory (and anonymous) manner.

please go out and get a life of your own to talk about.

now re: the only decent point in your post - my mailing people to get my record played on pearl's show - in my defense, it wasn't as if i was holding a gun to anyone's head to get them to request me and my band's music - if they did and i don't even know if they did by the way - it was still their decision.

however, if by having done this i broke some sort of etiquette and caused pearl or phantom any hassle i apologise.all i can say is i'm pretty new at this releasing records lark and i'm still learning the ropes..

having said this i should state, ive never heard back from either pearl or phantom in relation to this matter and have been in-studio in phantom and in contact with various phantom dj's many times since.

yours - hoping yer just a mate cracking a really dumb joke - ,
    derrick devine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

I played Derrick Devine because I liked it, and I don't ever remember being inundated by people requesting it. It's very easy to spot when someone gets all their mates to text in, and it's a sure way to *not* get played (on my show anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

If there is one show that you can't get music the DJ dosen't like played it's pearls, i'm always amused when people text in and ask for green day or something. it almost seems like pearl is personaly affended or something

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement