Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isdn To Adsl?

Options
  • 26-06-2003 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

whats the story of upgrading from isdn to ADSL i asked eircom and netsource to check the line and they said it failed I then asked them if the test will automatically fail because i have isdn and do i need it disconnected but i was told that the test compensates for that, but a friend of mine just down the road recently got ADSL. I find it unlikely that a few extra meters of copper wiring have degraded that much from my house to his :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by hal9000
    if the test will automatically fail because i have isdn and do i need it disconnected but i was told that the test compensates for that :rolleyes:

I have gotten some ISDN lines to pass the test, mostly there were "hi-speed", analogues lines converted to ISDN.

If it not impossible for neighbouring houses to be in different exchanges, eps if one has a phone line a lot longer then the others.

Raheny is an example, most houses are on the Coolock exchange, but some are on clontarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Grayarea

Same here.

They tell me that the line "is a total fail" whatever that means, i have got the fault dept at Eircom to check the line but they find no fault.

I had a fault last year and when the engineer replaced the ISDN plug and play adapter he ran a data test and the line came up with zero errors.

So has anyone that had a normal line with a ISDN plug and play adapter been able to upgrade to ADSL?

Later,

Garyarea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

My ISDN lines (upgraded from analogue) failed the tests. (when i rang eircom 12months ago i was told i was on an overflow exchange) The same ISDN lines failed all RADSL products recently but did pass the Esat BT business product.

Out of interest i got another analogue line installed recently it passed for all products. (maybe this one isnt connected to overflow exchange...? )
    I know this isnt much help to you but thought that you might be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Grayarea

Anyone?

Advertisement