Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Payne 2

Options
  • 26-06-2003 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Looking mighty nice in this months PCZONE. Anyone see it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Some screenies on this thread aswell, and the rest of their page:

http://www.maxpayneheadquarters.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2003&sid=ab8e7fadd321677868fa890e0520d257

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

/me puts his leeching gloves on...

maxpayne2-1.jpg
    maxpayne2-2.jpg
    maxpayne2-3.jpg

looking pretty damn good for a game that prolly won't be out for another 2 years:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

friend of mine got the first game a week ago for his birthday, hes 30, stayed up till 3 in the mornin playin it, then ran into his bedroom and started attackin his wife demanding to know where the bed is. "your standing on the bed dear".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

anyone figure out how to get max payne 1 going on XP? the web site is very wishy washy about it

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

I got Max Payne v1.1 , Works perfectly on WINXP Pro for me, as for Max payne 2, dear lord it nearly looks real if it wasn't blurred.. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Max Payne Runs Just Great on my xp Pro. No problems

lol, max payne works perfectly on the 3 different xp machines i've ran it on too.

what kind of error messages are you getting/you install the 1.1 patch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

There is some patch to get Max to work correctly with XP, iirc, i had the same difficulties, i cant remember what or where it is though.

A

I never installed a patch must be a newer retail version, I got it for 7 euro.

max payne worked perfectly for me on all 3 machines without the patch btw, it must be some kind of incompatability with newer hardware or dodgy drivers that's causing your copy not to run

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

GFx look incredible, if they are in game. Likely to slaughter my XP 2000 with bare hands and eat it rare.

The 1.04 came with the budget release which i picked up for 15 squids a few months ago, no probs with XP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

the new look max looks alot like the guy richard hilman who was on corrination street- anyone agree

Originally posted by weemcd
    the new look max looks alot like the guy richard hilman who was on corrination street- anyone agree
    :D
    definitely, especially from the side in the first pic.

Oh my god :eek: lmao he actually does, thats quite funny. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Max payne sucked harder than the whore of babylon vacuuming her drinking straw collection..*L*
    you can almost picture the rockstar board meeting being like..
    "well okay so whats new and cutting edge?"
    "uhh..sir? Bullet time is really cool at the moment"
    "BULLET TIME!?!? What in the name of high school football is bullet time?!?"
    "uh uh uhh its like in the matrix!!! When neo dodges the bullets!!! please dont fire me!!!"
    "Hmm..bullet time you say..dammit get it in our new game..make it a shoot em up, theyre popular..and bang in that....whatchamacallit time"
    "Yes sir! right away sir!"
    *out pops max payne*
    Pfffft...i was bored of it after 15 minutes..bullet time my arse.

Yeah Max Payne is a good game, with a great story line.

Sure they could have just released a crappy game with virtually no depth just to cash in on bullet time, but max payne is a real gem.

Even without Bullet Time it would smash the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    Yeah Max Payne is a good game, with a great story line.

Sure they could have just released a crappy game with virtually no depth just to cash in on bullet time, but max payne is a real gem.

Even without Bullet Time it would smash the opposition.
    Now THATS sarcasm. *L*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

the story line was gritty and brilliant, and the drug enduced nightmares were a brilliant idea, scaredm the sh1t out of me

Deadwing don't you realise that he's being serious?
    You're really the only one that doesn't like it, probably you just stuck on godmode the second you got it, so it was crap. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Deadwing - there were videos of Max Payne showing off a bullet time style effect and slow motion gunplay about two years before The Matrix came out.

Oh, and it wasn't developed by Rockstar. It was developed by Remedy, a Swedish company who had a publishing deal with 3D Realms, who in turn passed publishing rights to Rockstar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd love to add a smart comment here on how much max payne sucked but I just couldn't be bothered. I'm tired and in NY and have better things to be doing.

The screenies look nice. Lets hope they but some gameplay and variety in not like the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Id love to add a smart comment about how much Retr0gamer sucks, but Im afraid that anything short of his full life story would fall short of the mark :p

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Those screens look puttable. Deadwing and Retro should be shot for crimes against common sence.

Advertisement