Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashing

• 26-06-2003 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭

I am considering flashing my Gigabyte 7VKML for the fun of having an up to date BIOS (i probably dont need to).
    Everywhere i look i see things saying theres some kind of danger to flashing.
    As i have never flashd before i was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly what the risks are and how to minimize them.
    also i heard that you shouldn't upgrade your flash files more than 4 revisions at a time ie from v1 to v4 then from v4 to v8 as apposed to v1 straight to v8, is this true?
    thanx.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

There is a danger that you will loose power(e.g. electricity for your house goes off) when flshing and kill your BIOS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Thats somethin i didnt think of , good point BabyEater.
    Flashing the bios only takes a few secs - so its not that much of a danger but still there i suppose. - May get myself a UPS now :)

Advertisement