Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Diversity Visa - Green Card

• 26-06-2003 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all,

I applied for this visa in November of last year(within the given time frame) at http://travel.state.gov/DV2004.html I know it tells you that if you are successfully selected by the computer you will be notified within the months May-July 2003. What I'd like to ask you all is, has anyone on this forum applied also and have they heard back yet? Or does anyone know of somebody who has?

kind regards,
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

me and my G/f applied haven't heard a thing

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

I applied too,

I havent heard anything, and i want it fast, if i get it im joining the US Marine Corps!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

didnt hear anything either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Nimblepixie

You won't hear unless you've been successful.

My brother got one four year and he's now happy as Larry in Seattle working for Boeing.

There is a huge myth in Ireland that they are so easy to get, THEY'RE NOT!! Only 1 in every 85 applicants will actually get one. It's not just for the Irish, it's a worldwide competition.

The bro did tell me recently though, that the numbers of Visas being given out has plummeted since Sept 11th. The main breadwinners would have been the ones who got the visas and had them issued to them ie the ones who were killed that day, so now they're holding back a lot and giving them automatically to the next of kin of the people that were killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Does anyone know if you get one of these can you keep it indefinatly(sp?) or does it tun out if you don't go right away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

if you get offered one, you have 6 months to take it up..

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭clonedmonkey

yip, I'm aware that you don't hear anything back unless you are successful. I should have asked, has anyone been successful? I also know they're not easy to get, especially since 911.

nothing yet but ive been told that ppl will continue to hear from the US Department until mid July.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

mid July ???

YAY!!! hope still....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I apply for this every year since for ages:rolleyes: no luck yet I have never heard a thing back from any of my aplications ahh well there is always next year.

Ryan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Are the details of this years scheme announced yet?

I applied for this for the last few years without any success.

Provisional details are available here where i applied last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Souperfreak

That is encouraging that you haven't all heard back my boyfriend applied and I really want him to get or we spend another year in seperate countries! You all made my day! I know you all haven't heard but I was losing hope!

get married like me hehe :) or get ur boyfriend to get a work visa, surely u can sort him out some work there or something.there are other options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Souperfreak

NO MARRIAGE TOO YOUNG !!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 james_CCFC

heard nothing yet either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

applied, still no response!

interesting fact: there are over 150,000 fricken unclaimed "green cards" in ireland!

so because of that ireland gets less green cards. That kinda pisses me off!

Advertisement