Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsmart?????

Options
  • 26-06-2003 5:18pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just go the Eircon bill today and was looking through their call charges.
    My God theyve really shot themselves in the foot since they brought in that 1892 number.For the last few years Ive been dialling up through a local number and internet charges never really bothered me since I couldnt break it down(Ive no itemised bill)But this month,the first bill since the 1892 number was introduced--For 30 hours net usage(over 2 months) I was charged €29.56 or almost 1 euro per hour(mostly off peak usage)This is an average since there were a small amount of peak calls.

So it seems a little bit expensive.But Im a fairly light user and would still like to see some savings.

With netsmart I get 40 hours for €15 per month which would equal 80 hours over 2 months rather than the 30 hours(over 2 months) for €30 Im getting from Eircom..
    So theres a fair saving there for me.
    Questions are this:

What are pings like on this service??(I play the odd online game of UT or Nolf2)

Are there any problems with connecting ie.Having to wait for hours listening to an engaged tone.

Overall whats the service like??

Thanks
    Richie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

there has been the odd hiccup but for the past while i am connecting every time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I play games alot 3 - 4 hours a day. Pings are fine for me. Get the odd ping spike but thats it.

Advertisement