Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did this happen?

• 26-06-2003 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭

Toaday I installed a fresh copy of xp on my computer, when I came back i was greeted with this ****e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

This is the latest form of spam - Windows Messaging. Normally, it's used by network administrators to send messages to users, or to allow servers to notify administrators of important issues as they arise (things like running out of diskspace, the successful completion of automated tasks such as backups, etc.), but lately people are using it to send spam to users, like you saw.

Techniques to deal with it can be found here.

HTH,
    Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Dont worry to much about it it is just another form of spam that is sent to people whom have the messenger service running (not msn messenger) It is a service that you can disable by going to the Control Panel > Administrative Tools >Services and disabling it in there.

Heh beaten to it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Callan

nice one

Advertisement