Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amd 750 With Via Chipset

• 26-06-2003 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

I am working on a piece of crap. It doesnt even have a motherboard manafacturer on it.

There is a creative labs pci graphics card on in a PCI slot and on board AGP graphics.

They have decided to install win2K on it but as usual have no drivers. I managed to find the sound drivers and the drivers which was ok.

Now the problem :confused::confused::confused:

When you load on any game the machine says that the processor is too small ie 166MHz yet it is 750. That it needs Y2K to run but it has Y2K installed.

The sound would run for ages because the device manager said that the audio controller was not installed but i managed to download the drivers.

Now I am still left with the message that the video controller is not installed I have been to the VIA website and downloaded the drivers for the video controller and guess what no luck.

helllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppp :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Hmm...
    If it uses a VIA chipset, then you'll be wanting a copy of the multi-purpose 4-in-1 ('Hyperion') drivers:

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=300

Look between the PCI slots to see if there's anything that looks like a model number written in large letters on the PCB (or alternatively, on a sticker) - throwing this into a search engine may help you identify the crowd that manufactured your mobo. PC Chips, ECS and a few other manufacturers were notorious for not "admitting" to having manufactured their boards once upon a time - not sure if it's still the case now.

How sure are you that it's actually running at 750MHz? What does the machine report when it boots up? If it reports a speed slower than 750MHz, you may have to examine your multiplier and FSB settings - if your motherboard matches your CPU in age terms, these are probably set using jumpers. The relevant settings are probably printed on the motherboard itself somewhere as little tables.

Hope this helps,
    Gadget

Advertisement