Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV email

Options
  • 26-06-2003 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just got an email from UTV:

'UTV Internet Launches First Ever Flat Rate Internet Service Throughout Ireland'

At UTV Internet we are extending our award winning UTVip service with a Flat Rate offering, giving users the ability to log on any time, day or night, for a low fixed monthly fee.

There are 2 products available :

UTVip Lite offering 30 hours internet access, at any time day or night, for only 9.99 per month

UTVip XL offering 180 hours internet access, at any time day or night, for only 24.95 per month

These superb internet packages come bundled with the UTVip Telephony (CPS) service which gives you savings of up to 25% off local, national and internet calls and 5% off mobile calls (based on eircom standard rates).

You can change from your current UTVip tariff to one of our new services by clicking on the following link..

http://www.utvip.com/migrate1.asp?id=921856468-1205-3335&loc=ie

Please note: A change in your tariff will not be effective until the next billing period. To clarify, if you upgrade between now and 30th June your anytime service will become active on 1st July. If you upgrade during July then the change will not come into effect until 1st August.

Thank you,
    UTV Internet

And I've a couple of questions for you brainy people here. (I emailed UTV back, but I never got a reply [never do])

1) Is the €24.95/month an extra for the €30/month I already pay, or a new rate? (i.e. not €54.95)

2) I read on these forums I have to download a dialer for it to work - I'm in the process of switching to a new PC and I'll have to download it again. If I don't download it the second time before the 1st of July (i.e. the new billing period) will I have to wait until the next period for it to take effect?

**sorry if these questions were already asked....I looked but couldn't find anything, only people talking about the dialer**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

Re 1) it's 24.95 only, for 180hours (so no 55E)
    Re 2) I'm not a previous UTV user but reading this thread it looks like you have have to register before july 1st as switching between acounts is not possible inbetween periods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

1)It is a total of €24.95 per month

2)Yes, if you download it after 1st June, you will have to wait until your next billing period for it to take affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,483 ✭✭✭corkie

I believe(and hope) it is a new rate.

€24.95/month instead of the €30/month
    With 180 hours instead of 150.

Once you clicked the link in the e-mail and selected the service
    you want to go on, you will be switch to the new rate for your next billing period.

You don't have to use the dialer software, you can setup the Dialup Networking yourself or edit your oringal dialup settings to use the new number. (See FAQ on UTVip.com)

If you login to your account and you use the support form on UTV they will reply to your enquries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

If you've selected to migrate already, it will come into action on july the 1st no matter when you download the dialer.

And it's just €24.95

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

thank you all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

So far I'm very impressed with how *easy* everything has been. If this was Eircom I would have had to have given a blood sample, ring their office in Fiji 17 times to find out the number to dial, sell them half my house and burn my slippers to set up everything. And I like my slippers.

E-mail arrived, sorted, done in 2 minutes and the Setup icon is sitting proudly on my desktop. Only a few days more till hot peak time acksun.

G'wan teh UTV.

Advertisement