Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fav trek race?

Options
  • 26-06-2003 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Whats your favourite Star trek Race (cant pick humans)

Romulans for me, for the Imperial culture,sneakyness, technology design reflects their culture.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Why cant you pick humans?

I pick Human,s their by far the best and stongist race (no supprise really :) )
    and have the best looking ship,s

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'm a borg and jem'hadar fan myself. (and maybe the tzenkthi sp?, if we ever see them :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    i'm a borg and jem'hadar fan myself. (and maybe the tzenkthi sp?, if we ever see them :) )
    U seem to have a thing for mindless zombies, borg drones with no free will and jem'hadar, clones and soldiers - puppets of the Founders! :)

Meanwhile i like the Takaran's becuase of their unique physiology
    Vaguely reptilian semi-humanoids from an unknown world in Ferengi space. Little is known about Takaran culture or technology, but if they meet the pattern of worlds in Ferengi space they have minimal indigenous technology and are integrated fully into the Ferengi Alliance. Takarans appear to be normal humanoids with slightly reptilian features, but their internal physiology is astounding. It is highly decentralized with redundancies for every vital organ in all limbs and throughout the torso. This makes Takarans difficult to kill since most weapons would be ineffective, even phasers as high as level 6 do not kill a Takaran. Takarans can also control their metabolisms at will, thus regenerating quickly or faking death

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Takaran, Romulan or Vulcan for me.

I used to be like a little blonde vulkan growing up coz I always had a bob haircut with a really straight fringe hehe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Has to be the Breen for me... All mysterious and such. Oddly shaped heads too. Gotta like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

Its gotta be the Klingons. There from the start....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

The Q continuum entities!

Omnipotent and omniscient beings!

Omnipotent

cant be omnipotent its impossible .!

can you make a rock so heavy even you cant pick it up ?

if you can then you cant pick the rock up and its something you cant do

if you cant then you can,t do every thing as you cant make the rock heavy anuff :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

The Q were never Omnipotent or Omniscient!! The only ones that ever said they were was the crew of Enterprise D!! The Q never claimed it, in fact In Voyager Q even said they are not omnipotent! Compared to humans they would seem that.

Anyway best race? Dunno!! Klingons are cool.. gotta love em. I thought one of the best ideas though was in Voyager where they came across the Saurian race (dont know actual name) that were Dinosaurs from earth who evolved and left before the extinctions happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Klingons, they know how to party!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Oops, I meant to say that at least they seem to be omniscient from a human pt. of view.

Yeah, I guess they're not omnipotent but they do have vastly greater capacities in manipulating their surroundings than humans do. Again, to us "primitive" humans, their powers are pretty mind blowing.

What annoys me about Star Trek is that, for most races they create, they just take one human quality (e.g logic/anger/empathy/greed etc) and exagerrate it so the resulting races lack complexity. This is also the case with the Q - the human hunger for knowledge* 10000000000.
    Well, at least they develop some races a little, for example they created a whole Klingon culture but the Ferengi, for instance, are little more than personifications of greed. (Funny, this personification of moral qualities was also popular in medieval literature).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

it has to be the founders it be pretty kewl to be able to change into what ever you want Be pretty handy when your in a fight change into a bigger man or maybe a T-rex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

Kligons for me Full of honour and pride........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Borg or the Trill.

The trills are interesting alright, that book about the lives of dax was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Wasnt there a race of seducebots from titullus 9? They were pretty funky iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Originally posted by Kali
    Wasnt there a race of seducebots from titullus 9? They were pretty funky iirc

no no, that was the manbots form Phallic5 you are thinking of.

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Maybe they're related planets in the omega quadrant

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Tribbles. Only breed at 1 tenth the rate of knackers and are far less annoying ;)

• Advertisement

Tribbles. Only breed at 1 tenth the rate of knackers and are far less annoying

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAHAHAHAHHA hahahahahahhah

fecking classic boss want to buy a caravan :p

oh i better stop or be though a rasict (if thats possible)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

* = Tribble

= Cloaked Tribble

# = Tribble After Borg Assimilation

*' = Tribble with an attitude

*- = Tribble after male augmentation

*/ = Tribble Olympics: Fencing

*/ \s swordfighting

*/^ = Tribble tipping hat

*8 = Tribble and mama out for stroll :)

*\ |--| / polevaulting

*\\ = Tribble Going Skiing

*} - | = Tribble Archery

*¿ = Grandpa Tribble with his cane

*Ù = Tribble Snorkelling

,*, = Tribble with legs showing

-*-*-*-*- = Tribble kabab

0 = Pregnant Tribble

<*> = Tribble with shields up

o = Jean Luc Tribble

o*o = Tribble bicycling

[*] = Tribble wearing headphones

\*/ = Tribble giving up to mugger

^“^ = Viking Tribble

_ = Tribble vs. Godzilla

~*~ = Tribble in heaven

‘ = after the wash cycle

° = Tribble in Transporter.

*¿ = Grandpa Tribble with his cane

-*-o-*-o-*-o-*-o-*--- Tribble & onion kabab.

. And of course Tribble.zip

if u came up with all them u should be shot ! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Love that Tribble stuff lol

quality stuff indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

I have to say the borg and jem'hadar aswell, now if a human army could only do what they can

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

the Breen: so alien. Powerful yet mysterious,attractive clothing,baffling language that sounds like static,strange yet beautiful ships. I like the Tholians too, another mysterious , yet intriguing species. Least favourite:The Kazon. Yellow-pack Klingons.

Advertisement