Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kicking On The Servers

Options
  • 31-12-1998 6:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I was just wondering if the following people could answer this question. I joined an 'Ireland On Line' quake server tonight, using my nick 'Bart'.

This is what happened:

DeVore proceeded in insisting that I was using an 'Alias', and left the game and returned as a 'Spectator' refusing to play with an 'Alias LLama'. This comes from someone has been also uses the 'CT Dalek' (I am sure that he will come up with some good 'explanetion' for this, i.e using an alies when playing for another 'clan' is ok, but not if you just feel like it). Hen then insisted that I be kicked off the server for this 'behaviour'.

INC.MindPuck (who at the time also was using an alies) then tried his best to get admin so that he could carry out DeVore's wishes.

CT.Koopa, (master of the alise's...Toastor, Paddy's Sistor etc.) who at the time was using the alias 'Noo Dick', finally managed to access admin rights, and then proceeded to kick me off the server several times.

Is this the behaviour we should expect of 'respected' quake players in our gaming community?????

Will the always refuse to play with and kick other players just because they are unsure of their 'true' identity????

The only explanation that I can think of for this rediculas abuse of power is that the more 'juvanile' players from our quake community took these respected Nicks and used them in a way that the true owners would never have.

Is finding out what nickname I have used before so important to DeVore that he would make himself look so childish and silly in this way???

An answer and explanation to this is not a request but a demand and is warrented by all of us who use these public game servers.

Bart

Colm Kinsella
    Quake Player

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

OKAY!!
    That was me who kicked you, ND(No Dick) u get it????
    Well since Tom and Eric are both very reasonable ppl, and also good friends of mine, I took their sides.
    We were all sitting on the server for about 20 mins waiting to get the game started. More ppl were more interested in knowing ure real name, it OBVIOUSLY isnt Bart, and u seem to know all our background history, (A newbie wouldn't!) than in getting the game going, and hence to get the game started and pleased the majority ..I kicked u.
    It is my first time ever kicking anyone from a server. (I dont have this Power Need and would NOT abuse my position.)

All I have to say to u is....

TAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEE IT!!!

Jay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

Taake it Vex :p

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

HAHA TAAAAKE IT ADRA
    HAVE SOME VEX.
    Yes I kicked you and im not sorry MUHAHAHHAHA I HAVE GONE ON A TOTAL POWER RAMPAGE.

Actually it was adra and vex having a laugh.
    Fair dues lads you had it almost all covered even down to having the nick Bart registered.
    Almost but not quite, a little know.../whowas command caught you :)

" and I would have gotten away with it too if it wasnt for you pesky kids!"

DeVore.

Advertisement