Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with P800

• 27-06-2003 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I bought a P800 from Expansys and am delighted with it.Only problem is I cannot get the MMS set up properly on it.I've tried using the config from vodefone for the t68i but no luck.I set up the rest with the phone configurators on the sonyericsson website, but the MMS one there doesnt work for me either.Could somebody please help.Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Only offical Vodafone Live! handsets will work MMS afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gvork

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 DaveK

I have used MMS with my P800 after downloading the configuration from sonyericsson.com, so it should work for you. Did you register with Vodafone for MMS? If you have registered and still cannot get MMS to work, try the settings below.

Internet accounts

Set up an account called MMS GPRS, with a connection type of GPRS

User name and password required: ticked
    User name: dublin
    Password: dublin
    Address: mms.vodafone.net
    Get IP address automatically: ticked
    Get DNS address automatically: ticked
    Use proxy server: not ticked
    Enable PPP extensions: not ticked
    Authentication: Normal
    Header compression: not ticked
    Precedence: Subscribed
    Delay: Subscribed
    Reliability: Class 3
    Peak rate: Subscribed
    Mean rate: Subscribed

WAP accounts

Set up an account called MMS GPRS

Internet account: MMS GPRS
    Use Proxy: ticked
    Address: 010.024.059.200
    Port: 9201
    Username: dublin
    Password: dublin

Messaging accounts, MMS

Service centre address: www.vodafone.ie/mms
    WAP account: MMS GPRS
    Automatic: On
    Download size: No restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gvork

DaveK,
    Thanks for all that but to no avail.Have all that set-up and now I'm getting a Failed to send MMS header with Unknown Error in the body.Vodafone say its MMS registered so......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 DaveK

Sorry, G'vork, I don't know what the problem is. I know that when I try to send an MMS using a dial-up connection rather than GPRS, I get the error message that you described. Apparently, Vodafone found a problem with the P800's MMS function while testing it, and this could be the problem that it found. What is the firmware version of your P800? Mine is R1D, so if yours is earlier than that, it could be the problem.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=918218#post918218

• Advertisement
Advertisement