Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat lose the plot // Moving from Netsmart to Anytime

Options
  • 27-06-2003 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I’m currently subscribed to NetSmart120, and now that Anytime is available I decided to switch to it.
    So I rang up Esat this morning to ask if I could be transferred and was told that I couldn’t, I would have to cancel the Netsmart account and then signup for Anytime.
    I thought this was a bit unnecessary, but anyway asked to cancel my netsmart account.

I was then told to fax that request in writing and that the account would be cancelled today BUT I would have to pay for another 60 days.

Needless to say, I expressed my surprise at this especially as I wasnt leaving them, just swapping product.

But the women on the ‘helpline’ basically said take it or leave it.
    I asked if I was to pay for it for another 60 days why couldn’t I access it for them 60 days, was put on hold for a few minutes and then told that I could give notice today, have to pay for 60 days and access it for them 60 days provided I rang them again in 60 days, cause otherwise they would FORGET to cancel it. Forget, like wtf, how can that be their official line on it, They don’t forget to bill me every month.

Ive had a quick look at the T&C's of the netsmart signup form, and cant see anywhere about 60 days. In the terminisation section
    6. Termination

6.1.1 Either party may terminate the Agreement upon 30 days written notice to the other and any such termination shall be effective on the expiry of such notice period.

Has anyone else rang them up asking to switch/cancel?
    I’m sure(hope) that cause Anytime is just launched that they haven’t thought this through properly yet, and that they will allow transferring.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Link the T&C in here (and paste them into the message in case ESAT change them)

1. Mail bill.murphy@esat.com . Bill may not be aware that there is another ESAT customer service fiasco in the offing....apart from the IOL Broadband customer service fiasco that has already happened.

2. Tell Bill that you are issuing a 14 calendar day notice of intent to suspend the Netsmart service, effective today and finishing friday week next.

3. Tell Bill that his minions have been in meetings ALL year about this transition (Netsmart to FRIACO), you are disappointed that he is unaware of their ineptitude in transitioning existing goodwill into repeat bizniss......but you feel he should know now about it.

4. Tell Bill that the notice to terminate Netsmart will be void as long as IOL have you activated on the FRIACO product by......Friday week as it happens and that they have sent out all the nexessary details to enable you to avail of the new service.

5. Tell Bill that you expect a final statement from Netsmart by next Monday fortnight, confirming you will no longer be billed for it.

6. Tell Bill that this bureaucratic and offhand attitude to existing customers is reminiscent of the SNL fiasco. ESAT should be building up goodwill and not seeking to destroy whatever goodwill they have left.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭XbLaDe

aCA you probably just got onto somebody who is confusing the termination with their new bi monthly billing. Your entitled to cancel the account with 30 days written notice, not two months.

Just email customercare@esatfusion.ie and they will cancel it .. thats all i did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i was told to just mail in my application and i would be transferred over no questions asked. My netsmart account would be deactivated and my anytime activated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I just got off the phone. To switch, just mail in your application and they will switch you over. They also have an online tool at http://anytime.iol.ie/usage/ where you can quickly check how many hours you have used for the given month.

It costs 5 euros and 5 cents more than UTV though. As far as I can see you pay more and the only additional facility that you get is an online usage checker, which you don't get with UTV (yet?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

for me 180 hours is cool but sometimes i could get carried away, the online usage thing would be useful as i dont want anything to happen like No Limits as enn.ie says
    "In relation to people exceeding the monthly usage levels, Esat BT said it would "monitor" the situation, but is unlikely to take action against those who go over the limits by a couple of hours, as long as they are not repeat offenders." *dun dun duuuun* :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

it's amazing that one company (ie. UTV) can let you migrate to their new service by simply clicking a link in your e-mail while a company like ESATBT with so much resources behind them make you go through so much crap to migrate to their new service. It beggers belief sometimes at just how imcompetant EsatBT can be when it comes to billing/signing up etc. Kermet beware, your title of greatest ever muppet is under threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Originally posted by Ruu
    i was told to just mail in my application and i would be transferred over no questions asked. My netsmart account would be deactivated and my anytime activated...

Yeah I rang this morning and was told the same thing, that i would have to sign up for Anytime (they don't just switch you over), but that that would cancel my Netsmart account.

Of course this being Esat I am going check repeatly that the Netsmart account has actually been cancelled so I don't get a nasty surprise in 2 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

FORGET to cancel it. Forget, like wtf, how can that be their official line on it, They don’t forget to bill me every month.

they forget to send me bill every month

JUST be glad you not trying to get broadband of them :rolleyes:

Advertisement