Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the leaving cert any use after a degree

Options
  • 27-06-2003 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

let me explain my situation:
    i have just finished a FAS course in computer programming and the cert that i get off it will allow me to go into second year of a DIT degree course but i don't have a leaving cert worth mentioning.

so i want to know if i get a degree will the leaving cert become irrelavent or will i regret not repeating it? will it come up if i apply for research grants, or for post grad courses or even job applications?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I can't see it being a big issue, not since you've shown the commitment required to do a further education course, and degree level study

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

The Leaving is really not as important as its made out to be,you dont have to have a good leaving cert to have a good job,if you really want to do a course there is always ways round it.

Advertisement