Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVip XL television advert

Options
  • 27-06-2003 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Because I know you are all nosey gits, here's an advance preview of our television ad due to air this evening during Emerdale. For those not wanting to download an 11meg advert, don't worry - you'll be seeing a lot of the ad over the next month or so ;)

http://u.tv/utvipxl.mpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

lmao great ad (dont have sound here in work so sorry if i missed something with my questions below).

Did notice however when the flatrate 'billboard' came up the 180hrs appeared at bottom of screen. Some people here will probably complain a bit over calling it flat-rate.

Still must say i enjoyed it. (did u get the ad err sponosored a bit with the maxol/o2 signs? )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Class ad. :)

BK, O2 are in it 'cos UTV won an O2 Media Award and it says "supported by Maxol" at the end so yea.. I'm guessing they did sponsor it.

Does that mean we'll be seeing UTV CD's in Maxol stations?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Ah right Pie thx for clearing that up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Originally posted by Martin-UTVi
    Because I know you are all nosey gits, here's an advance preview of our television ad due to air this evening during Emerdale. For those not wanting to download an 11meg advert, don't worry - you'll be seeing a lot of the ad over the next month or so ;)

http://u.tv/utvipxl.mpg

LOL - I'd nearly go back to work and download it on our dsl there just to get a sneak preview at it :)

Plyd thou

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

is the link broken ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

talk about great timing. Just logged on here to read this forum at 7:11pm and switched straight to UTV and lo and behold there it was. Good ad. I'll be doing my damdest to get people to switch to UTVip but so far I've been shot down nearly everytime because of the telephony package. The main reason being some people use a seperate company for international calls which is done by adding a prefix to the number for very cheap calls. When you're with UTV it seems you can't avail of these services. Maybe there is something that could be done about this. My dad would love to go with UTV but can't because of this international service. Malcome/Martin......do you think anything could be done about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Right Click -> Save As

The RealMedia stuff doesn't seem to be working :f

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by parasite
    is the link broken ?
    Worked for me (on 56k at that).

As PiE said, right-click and go for Save As.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Downloading now.

Martin, who made it if you dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

i asked because mozilla in both windows & linux wouldn't let me rightclicksaveas, but IE does ...
    weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

great ad

must of cost a fair bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

great advert..
    But Ahem"

I claim royalty fee`s since i had the ball and chain idea 1st!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Heh, excellent ad.

Couldn't have shown the mouse running a rat down instead of a phonebill? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by LFCFan
    The main reason being some people use a seperate company for international calls which is done by adding a prefix to the number for very cheap calls. When you're with UTV it seems you can't avail of these services.
    How can this be true when you can dial 13666 to route calls through eircom that will show up on your eircom bill?

:ninja:

Originally posted by DMT
    How can this be true when you can dial 13666 to route calls through eircom that will show up on your eircom bill?

:ninja:

My dad uses some company for international calls where he adds a prefix. He was told though he has to be with €ircon to be able to use this service and he can't if his CPS is changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

No, the prefix works with UTV CPS- I do it all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

is the ad only going to be shown on UTV or will it also be seen on RTÉ, TV3 and TG4. not everyone has UTV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Absolutely right, especially SkyDigital viewers like me who for some unknown reason can NOT get UTV in the Irish Republic?..

It is possible that the UTV advertising agency is unaware of this fact!, lets hope for their sakes that they have now been enlightened in their favour.

A little off subject but I believe relevant in this instance!.

Paddy20;)

I was in Dublin Airport last week and when we were collecting our bags there are new Flat Screen TV's with advertising etc for Irish stuff on them. There was a UTVip ad on it but it was the old UTVip ad with no mention of UTVXL. Maybe you should get on to them about changing that???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Originally posted by LFCFan
    My dad uses some company for international calls where he adds a prefix. He was told though he has to be with €ircon to be able to use this service and he can't if his CPS is changed.

I can confirm that it will work. For example, we are with EsatBT CPS (not for long!), but can still use 13636 to route calls through VarTec Telecom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement