Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messin on the servers and other party tricks.

Options
  • 02-01-1999 11:38pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads, the last thing I want to get up to after a night on the town is the bull I got today on irc and the servers.

I am not yer daddy.
    Dont run to me if someone is banning you or being unpleasant.

That said, the ops need to show a certain amount of level headedness ( and I am not talking about any one op here) otherwise the muppets will feel entitled to run riot.
    Martyrdom if you will...

Zero IS usually quite quiet as an op and I dont doubt that something has happened to thoroughly annoy him.
    I agree that we should not tolerate other ppl stealing ppls nicks is one of the lowest things I can think of.
    If someone was playing as DeVore I would make it my hobby to make that person as miserable as possible. Think about the wording of sentence for a minute.

I also disagree with playing incognito and will not play in a war where there are anonymous players during the picking.

(Anonymous is defined as arriving on the server called something like "Giant-Spud", ie a nick which no one has seen before, and refusing to identify themself (newbies are excepted if they claim to be new). It is NOT the same as these two cases.

1. Person arrives on as a well known pseudonym ie : Gook = Overlord, Monster-Truck = Regi etc.

2. Koopa arrives on as Koopa and then switches to "TOASTOR!"

in either of these cases if you are asked to id yerself you should do so.)

As for banning Ste and Johno etc.
    I have spoken to both of them and they agree that they were wrong and they are sorry. I dont think a week ban should be enforce THIS TIME, since I didnt make it clear before that this was such an unacceptable practise.

This can be considered a warning to others not to play for an extended period as someone else. We all know where the line is, it doesnt need to be written in a legal document.

Personally I give one warning usually and then kick. I find that way I cant be blamed for it. They were told.

DeVore.

Advertisement