Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dancefloor flirting

• 27-06-2003 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

right im sure you all know the situation where youre locked and dancin around like a moron, and then this girl catches your eye.
    my prob is that i dunno what to do when there is a girl dancing a few metres away from me, who is obviously checking me out.

usually what i do is go and dance beside her, lose all my courage, and then just walk off. whats the right thing to do, grab her (as if im a scumbag ) or what? i think this is by far the most difficult situation when going out.

anyway how far do girls go on then dancefloor? i mean in terms of ass grabbing etc??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by stira64

anyway how far do girls go on then dancefloor? i mean in terms of ass grabbing etc??

This is the best question I have ever seen asked anywhere. I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

don't grab...
    If by grabbing you mean grabbing the ass/muff/hips/boobs of any girl minding her own business, dancing with her friends.

I was out last weekend with a group of mates in a not so dodgy club and during our post night out discussion on Sunday we all agreed that we had had a great night but the one problem was the grabbiness of some guys.

Grab away if you know the girl and she doesn't mind but its really horrible for the girl if shes in no way interested...
    ffs, its not acceptable on the street, so why do some guys think its acceptable on the dance floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭deepspeed

How far do girls go ... ... in terms of ass grabbing etc??

Very far away in my experience :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Y'see you're thinking of girls as these weird alien things. They're just guys with breasts, less testosterone (in most cases), and periods (which is where their inate evil nature stems from).

My advice: Ask a female friend. If this option isn't there then GET some female friends. It really helps. Trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

shouldnt this be in humour ? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by rachel
    don't grab...

No, no , do.... Carpe Rectum...

Preferably somewhere I can watch the consequences from.....

Life is for living... Carpe rectum, carpe rectum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Left cheek from my experience.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Yeah well it's all well and good when you're walking towards the bar, just off the dancefloor, and one out of a million burd's piches your bum and, on turning, all you see is this mass ammount of people dancing around or just chatting... If you're sober it's fine, you'd probably walk off...

But oh no... You're not sober at all...
    You're pissed drunk... And you simply must find this girl...
    So, after about half an hour wobbling on the spot, trying to look for any suspicious signs, you enter le grande grope stage where you pretty much feel you're way around the mass crowd with no real ****ing clue as to what you're looking for...

In the end everyone thinks you're some zombified arsewank and pretty much start avoiding you, so the quest ends with you lying on the floor covered in spew with everyone dancing around you, with a face of disgust and "So who's going to help him!?"...

Yes, that happened to me, as it has many people before - So I have one tip...

Guys, stick to being sober and try to be a gentleman...
    I'm not much of a clubber (And the only time I ever did go clubbing was to just have a good time rather than "PULL ALL DA BURDS!") - One thing you'll learn is that people 'pulled' in a nightclub rarely make good relationship material if that's what you're after... And that girl you're gaping at thats giving you that look of "Take Me Now" has probably "Taken" or had been "Taken" by many many MANY more people previous to you, so don't get all head infalated either...

Just go out and have a good time with mates or whatever, and when it comes to dancing around, well, just go out and let things happen rather than try to MAKE something happen (With which you'll be percieved as a dickhead).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Mornin' Ropedrink.......Tis easy notice that your gf is likely to read your posts! ;):D

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

...And then she'll have to listen to me explain the fact that it happened once, many many a year ago when I was just a wee lad with low tolerance to alcohol and very little resistance to crowds and Bogart's in general :D

It's a bit of an ear sore really, so if she reads it... Well... Nobody is an angel :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Peacocke's of Maam Cross

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dance for a bit then ask her if she wants a drink.

then go for the ass :0

kdjac

Well, seeing as Gordon felt the need to lock my topic I'll repost it here. I didnt want to hijack this thread but apparently thats what is expected of me.

[edit: If Gordon already locked your question and told you to figure it out for yourself, then thats what you should do. << Fio >> ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

uh...about bleh's post

gordon told him to ask his question here as there was already a dancefloor thread and he wasn't to start another one

i think he was obeying instructions...

..just a slight misunderstanding maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hmm really did I?! Unless I'm looking at the wrong thread (103084), I don't think I did.

I don't want to see questions involving erect penises on this thread please, cheerz bood yknew whiddymyawn roih?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Tbh, thats the impression I got as well.
    I thought you closed it so he would post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by lordsippa
    They're just guys with breasts, less testosterone (in most cases), and periods (which is where their inate evil nature stems from).

ROFL

That should be in a text book somewhere. Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    Yes, that happened to me, as it has many people before
    lol, glad i'm not the only one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Ahahahahaha...

Grab her ass and if you don't get smacked she may be loads of fun...if you get slapped then you took a chance, and she is probally toooo uptight anyhow...

Confidence in a guy is a turn on btw.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

am i the only guy in the world who has never, or would never bother goin out to pull a bird ever

i go out to enjoy myself, have a laugh and get lost in the music

have NEVER seen the attraction of goin out on the pull

• Advertisement

i'm mostly the same as that, Helix.
    however, if i end up in a ****ty club with desperate tunes that i just can't enjoy... that's when the ass grabbing begins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Just go up there and grab that ass, if you get a slap awell, if you don't you know she is up for a good time.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Helix

Well then, you must be gay?!
    Not that there's anything wrong with that. Either that or you're lying to yourself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

be clever,
    face her, smile at her look away, look back, if she's still looking at you and smiling at you with that heart burning, stomach smoldering look, then smoothly slide across the floor closer to her,

dance a little in front of her (RnB music works best here, or contemporary pop, but if its rave music dont try the following...),

smile ... take her hands ... spin her round (not too fast if your drunk!!) kinda fred astair style for a laugh, if you get a giggle from her; and shes not laughing at your drunken stumbling state which your mind is telling you is actually akin to the defetness of michaels jackson or flately; then ask her would she like a drink.

It does work!!

other than that, the old "stalk her til she goes to the bar" move applies,

run up and stand beside her ordering a drink, wave profusely at the bar person making sure they serve you first then, depending on your confidence either

A. the more direct approach... Offer her a drink before ordering, or
    B. say "Ladies First" and let her order. Now while the bar persons getting her drinks is your chance to move in, she'll be standing there waiting for you to say something, so say hello and introduce yourself, or engage in small talk, like so what you think of the club, come here often, where you from, etc....

JUST START CHATTING to her and FAST, bar people dont take forever to get drinks. trust me tho, the offer to buy a drink move is best.

let us know how you get on!!!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    Not that there's anything wrong with that. Either that or you're lying to yourself.

No no Dr.Loon. I generally don't go out to "pull" either. I copped onto that little game when I was 18 after having some consistently good nights out (which did not involve becoming blindingly drunk or trying to pull) and then witnessing friends who had been out on the same night going "uuhh .. what a fookin' shoite night! I didn't pull". I realised that it was entirely possible to have a "good night out" without either pulling or trying to pull.

So whenever I go out I just don't go out of my way trying to pull. I have more fun that way. If something happened (my current situation not-withstanding :D) well then "wayhay", but I never got wound up over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    So you consider the only environment to meet and seduce a woman to be the most hackneyed and commonplace one; a beer-sodden meat market for the hoi polloi, otherwise one’s sexuality must be in question...

As someone who actually rarely goes on the pull in the manner you suggested, yet has somehow managed (without paying) to be with more women than you are likely ever (unless you pay) to be with yourself, I find that a very unimaginative philosophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Whether passively or actively, all single males out in clubs are on the pull regardless of sexuality. Much like they are on the pull day to day - but there is no air of expectance while shopping in Tesco's so it goes unnoticed.

Any of you single folk who claim you are not on the pull in clubs are just a single proposition away from a relationship - it's just you are probably a touch lazy to try or afraid of another bout of rejection. But you do all keep your eyes open and occasionally think "maybe?".

Having a good night out and "pulling" are not mutually exclusive concepts, in fact I'd say the majority of great nights involve hooking up with some new girl for most people. There is no night out with the lads so great that it can't be topped by bringing some stunning girl home for some fun.

Unless you are an asexual ****ing plant then as a single individual you are on the pull.

As regards the original post - your actions and her reactions are tied intricately with exactly how attractive she finds you. If she thinks you are the citywest equivalent of Brad Pitt you can probably get away with dragging her off the dancefloor, a quick drink and a taxi - her friends will be bitter but approve.

If she just thinks you have a nice pair of shoes, you will likely be required to emulate travolta on the floor, buy her and all her friends breezers for the evening, and provide billy connolly style material on request just to get her number for possible "texts".

JAK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    As someone who actually rarely goes on the pull in the manner you suggested, yet has somehow managed (without paying) to be with more women than you are likely ever (unless you pay) to be with yourself, I find that a very unimaginative philosophy.
    You should be mates with Eddie Irvine and Mick Hucknail.

You rogue.

Originally posted by Jak
    Whether passively or actively, all single males out in clubs are on the pull regardless of sexuality. Much like they are on the pull day to day - but there is no air of expectance while shopping in Tesco's so it goes unnoticed.

Any of you single folk who claim you are not on the pull in clubs are just a single proposition away from a relationship - it's just you are probably a touch lazy to try or afraid of another bout of rejection. But you do all keep your eyes open and occasionally think "maybe?".

Having a good night out and "pulling" are not mutually exclusive concepts, in fact I'd say the majority of great nights involve hooking up with some new girl for most people. There is no night out with the lads so great that it can't be topped by bringing some stunning girl home for some fun.

Unless you are an asexual ****ing plant then as a single individual you are on the pull.

i must say, i dont agree with anything youve said there at all

i go out clubbing for music. women get in the way of the music

and to prove yout theory wrong i have never gone out on the pull ever, and never will. its a waste of dancing time

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Jak
    Whether passively or actively, all single males out in clubs are on the pull regardless of sexuality.

That's quite a generalisation. Whatever about passively or actively, I can tell you with 100% conviction that at one point in my life I wouldn't even look at another woman because I was so depressed over a break-up .... factor that into your sweeping statement. Only reason I was out was cause mates dragged me out to try cheer me up.

Much like they are on the pull day to day - but there is no air of expectance while shopping in Tesco's so it goes unnoticed.

So what if you drop the air of expectance in clubs then? That's my point. Makes for a far more enjoyable experience. Besides, the best relationships are (imho) borne from those where you're not looking.

Any of you single folk who claim you are not on the pull in clubs are just a single proposition away from a relationship

I could make a generalisation that any coupled people are just a proposition away from cheating on their respective other .....

Besides, I never said I wouldn't consider on a night out. I just said I didn't go out with this tunnel-vision mentality which seems to afflict so many people (male or female) on a night out and has them seeming to think that in order to have a good time MUST involve sex.

But you do all keep your eyes open and occasionally think "maybe?".

Never said I hadn't in the past. Just that I wasn't going to preoccupy myself to the exclusion of what otherwise is a fun night out.

Having a good night out and "pulling" are not mutually exclusive concepts,

Never said they were. I DID say however that one does not necessarily require the other.

in fact I'd say the majority of great nights involve hooking up with some new girl for most people.

As opposed to the point I was making about so many people thinking an otherwise great night out wasn't because they didn't get someone hanging off their arm. It's bollocks, more bollocks, and even more absolute ****ing tripe bollocks.

There is no night out with the lads so great that it can't be topped by bringing some stunning girl home for some fun.

I can dispute that. Sex != the be-all-and-end-all of great nights. There are other things in life besides doing bedroom athletics (as enjoyable though they may be)

Lemming you seem to think I was addressing you specifically. I wasn't.

But as regards you not being on the pull because of being too depressed, trust me if the right one came back in and showed interest (including your ex) you would react to it.
    I could make a generalisation that any coupled people are just a proposition away from cheating on their respective other .....

I agree completely.

As regards sex not being the be all and end all, I agree, it's not - and I have had great nights without it - but I honestly don't think a quick roll in the sack with a pretty girl would take anything away from anybody's night if they were able.

JAK.

ps- As regards going out just for "dancing" - I consider you a form of plant life.

Originally posted by Jak
    Lemming you seem to think I was addressing you specifically. I wasn't.

No I didn't. Just picked up on the generalisation :p

But as regards you not being on the pull because of being too depressed, trust me if the right one came back in and showed interest (including your ex) you would react to it.

I wont get into the guts of it, but trust me when i say that I was very f*cked up over it and wasn't going to look at anyyyyyyyy one (bar the ex) at that point in time, in which case I'm not "out on the pull" so that point is obselte

but I honestly don't think a quick roll in the sack with a pretty girl would take anything away from anybody's night if they were able.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think it would detract. But it's not necessarily "better". Rather I'd put as the icing on the cake ;)

ps- As regards going out just for "dancing" - I consider you a form of plant life.

heh ... giant mutant moving plants. GAHHHHHHH .. FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :p

Originally posted by Jak
    As regards going out just for "dancing" - I consider you a form of plant life.

im a dj and dance music producer, music is my life, whats wrong with expressing my love for music through dancing?

Nothing is wrong with it Helix, but then there is nothing wrong with plants in general, they are just a bit one track and aren't exactly thrilling in a social setting.

Seriously, music is a part of almost everyone's life. If it is your entire life, I hope things take a turn for the better for you.

JAK.

what if you're a fairly shy but attractive girl and there's a guy who's interested in you but tip-toeing around you, how do you give him the "it's okay you can come over" signal. Smiling's okay but it feels like it's a "it's fun to dance" smile as opposed to "yeah I think you're cute too" smile.

• Advertisement

am i the only guy in the world who has never, or would never bother goin out to pull a bird ever

i go out to enjoy myself, have a laugh and get lost in the music

Unfortunately for myself, I was always one of those types of people who never would go to a club (or out, fullstop) unless they were dragged out byt their friends. I don't know why I bothered - The post I wrote above was an example of just the 'one' time (And it took quite a lot of drink and the want for something 'different from a night out' to do it) - Any other time I would be found sitting in a corner somewhere just seeking a place to talk with little to no blaring sound in my ears, a pint, and some company.

I felt such a **** after what happened to me that time, mainly because I had spent many years looking at the kind of people coming into said clubs, what they were at, the reaction on everyone elses faces when they did something and just the whole "Hey, wanna snog" and witnessing 50% of the place eating eachothers faces off, and it never actually appealed to me.
    I did it that one time out of sheer drunkedness and due to the advice of a 'typical male' friend, and never bothered again...

Anyway, as I said already, if you're looking for just that "Snog" or "Shag" or whatever the **** you're testosterone is craving, then go ahead and hunt down the girls in nightclubs... If you're looking for anything else, however, I strongly advise you stay well away from the places. No good comes from it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mavedic

I think it depends on the club and the person... I have gone out to clubs loads of times and not been on the pull at all... I just like to go out, hang with my mates and dance the night away - in some cases being on the pull would definitely detract from the night.

Other times its a bit of fun to go out and see if there's any nice looking and interesting guys around that you might want to hook up with.

shygirl - if you know the guy is interested then why don't you just go over to him and start dancing with him. Make a very obvious move on him and he can't be mistaken then. Guys don't always get the subtle clues like smiling, or even beckoning!!

Originally posted by Jak
    Seriously, music is a part of almost everyone's life. If it is your entire life, I hope things take a turn for the better for you.

JAK.

well i say its my life, theres a lot of ways in which i mean that. i could be djing playing in front of 500 people, or i could be chillaxing listening to music on my discman on the train on the way home from work

its not all i talk about, its not all i do... but it is always there

most artists will tell you the same thing, music is everywhere, in everything

if youre creative musical youll always be thinking about it, listening for things etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

There are better things to do than go to an overstuffed, undercleaned shed with flashy lights and try to convince people to have sex with you, while very loud (and not necessarily any good) music blares in the background.

I hate nightclubs. The idea is sound on paper (a place where people can go to have fun, meet other people, chat, dance, drink...), but in practice it's just a human cattlemart, where people get drunk, the guys attempt to impress a girl by near-molesting them, and the girls let them. Obviously there are exceptions, but I find them in the minority.

I have never "gone on the pull", and when going out with friends, it was exactly that- going out with friends, enjoying their company, and concentrating on enjoying myself, instead of trying to enjoy someone else.

Strangely enough perhaps, I happened upon a girlfriend outside of this setting, and for just over two years solid, I think she's a damn good girlfriend at that.

Maybe I'm just a statistical freak (read, I'm not.), but I couldn't be happier for never bothering with all that dancefloor pulling crap...

sarky i completely agree with everything youve said there, fair play

plus all of my previous girlfriends (apart from one) werent pulled in clubs, call me old fashioned but id rather have some idea the girl isnt a complete knacker or stupid clown before i stick me tongue down her throat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by shygirl
    what if you're a fairly shy but attractive girl and there's a guy who's interested in you but tip-toeing around you, how do you give him the "it's okay you can come over" signal. Smiling's okay but it feels like it's a "it's fun to dance" smile as opposed to "yeah I think you're cute too" smile.

heh, nice situation to be in.

Look at him and catch his eye and smile, bite your lip a little and look shyly downwards and then glance up at him from under your eyelids and grin and and look down.... this should give him the impression you're shy but interested, then look somewhere less, say off to your left but repeatedly look over towards him and let him 'catch' you looking him up and down a little.

g'luck.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Peacocke's of Maam Cross

*sigh*

Good times, good times. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

drinking 2 - 3 pints and start dancing next to him and then go up and say he is cute if your not lieing he is yours putty in your hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

grab him by the crotch and drag him to a secluded corner and maul him, he'll appreciate your bluntness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Helix
    im a dj and dance music producer, music is my life, whats wrong with expressing my love for music through dancing?

joemusic.jpg

hahahahah very good!

Originally posted by smiles
    Look at him and catch his eye and smile, bite your lip a little and look shyly downwards and then glance up at him from under your eyelids and grin and and look down....
    *unf*
    that's the one alright.

pld corrie:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

Originally posted by Typedef
    Carpe Rectum
    I'd just like to say, well done Typedef, that's hilarious! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by shygirl

Dance 'over' to him (use your friends for cover).

Say "hi".

Dance dirty.
    Originally posted by Jak
    Wait 'til she bends down to get the Corn Flakes on the bottom shelf ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Ahhh...Buy the guy a beer girlie... All guys love that.
    And for the original post. Just go grab her ass. I agree with Tman. If she is fun she will laugh and you can have a good time if not. you'll get slapped and you can check that chicken off your list.

Hehehe Good luck the tow of you...WAIT ....Maybe the two of you should get together.....:D Taht will end both of your problems:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement