Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duron "Morgan" 1.3Ghz... undervolt/overclock?

Options
  • 27-06-2003 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone had experience attempting to either undervolt or overclock the 1300MHz "new" Durons.

While undervolting and overclocking should pretty much be mutually exclusive, let me try and explain what I want to try to do:
    • Run the thing at 133FSB with a multiplier of around 10x, for a more-or-less "stock clock" with a decent FSB, preferably undervolting by 0.05/0.10v to reduce the heat dissipation a little.
    • If that's not possible, throw an extra 0.10v or so at it and see how far it'll go with ~100MHz FSB (unfortunately, my old mobo maxes out at a 14x multiplier) - just to see how far I can push it.
    Has anyone tried any of this before with this specific chip, and if so how did you get on? I hear they're not great overclockers, and that there are some issues specific to this Duron (and the <= XP2100+'s) with regards to changing the multiplier up or down (even after having closed the L1 bridges) - it'd just be useful to see if anyone had any joy with it trying any of this stuff out.

Cheers,
    Gadget

Advertisement