Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bf1942 and what i think is an ase prob not sure

Options
  • 28-06-2003 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

Whenever i start a desert combat game from ase, it starts alright comes up with the battlefield 1942 screen that clears then i get a message saying debug assertion failed, now i used to get that from when i tried to launch my maps from battlecraft 42, so i uninstalled that but this message keeps coming up, it has the options of retry fail or ignore, so i pres ignore and it goes in the game, but if the map moves on from the current one the debug assertion thing comes up again and basically freezes the comp and i have to restart

Any ideas

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I had some sort of odd problem too earlier today. After doing some failed mapping i went to play some EOD. Clicked on EOD got the BF loading screen up and before it got to the menu just went back to desktop. Tried a couple of times so then loaded DC. DC loaded grand, i went to mods and loaded EOD that way, it did a ctd again. :( ... i restarted and then loaded BF; didnt work, DC; didnt work, EOD; didnt work ... I then opened CD drive and closed it again and tryed to open BF from the CD Autorun menu. Nothing. At this stage I though to myself ... poo. I then took the crazy thing and uninstalled BF1942 and mods. [I realised after i lost all my great screenshots :( ]. I slowly installed Battlefield1942, then Road To Rome, then 1.4 patch, then Desert Combat, then EOD 12%, then EOD12% singleplayer maps. Started Road To Rome and it ran grand. Ended up having a two hour battle on Huskey with about 24 or so bots. Was great, kicked their ass :D

Well, enough of that long story. I found a full reinstall of everything can be good... I would nearly recommend it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

reinstalled everything got no messages now, thank god, but i seem to be on my monthly 1023 trip with bf1942, will have to wait for another 2 weeks for my connection to get back to normal, but from what little ive seen before i get kicked out, 0.38 is very very good, I like the new paint jobs on all the tanks, very shiny, the new weapons are cool, helos seemed more natural 2

Hope when i switch to anytime next week i wont have the 1023 blues

regards
    Shin

Advertisement