Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector with quiet fan

Options
  • 28-06-2003 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

I have been tasked with buying a projector that is above all quiet but also small and light. I am guessing that the two are mutually exclusive to some extent. Does anyone have any pointers for me please? Most of the ones I have seen are 37dB(A). That doesn't mean much to me except that I did see one described as quiet but quite big and heavier which is 30dB(A) so I am guessing 37 is fairly loud.
    Any help would be appreciated. Is there a place in Dublin where I can go and look at a selection of these and try to judge whether they are noisy or not?
    Thanks, iwb.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

What's it for? If it's home cinema, then there are only 2/3 current PJs that suit.

Either Panasonic AE200 or AE300 or a Sony HS2 (slightly bigger than the Panasonics.

I've seen/heard all these (& most other current HC PJs) & can say without a doubt that the AE200/300 are practically silent in low lamp mode. They're (relatively speaking) tiny too - roughly X-box sized.

My HS10 now, it's bloody huge :eek: but brilliant - leaves the others in it's tracks in terms of PQ.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Thanks Kramer for the reply. I know this isn't really the correct forum as this one is for business. We need to take it with us sometimes so it should really be as small and light as possible.
    Elara has the Compaq MP3800 on special. It is very small and light but I bet it is fairly loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

The AE300 is 28dB quiet. That is 3 orders of magnitude quieter than the Compaq. I guess what I am looking for then is a small and light business projector which is less than 30dB noisy. Probably impossible.
    Thanks for the help though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

No probs :)

Business PJs tend to have very high lumen output (very bright for daytime presentations etc...) & so generate far more heat than HC units.

So it may well be a difficult task.

Will be speaking to a major IT/PJ supplier 2morrow - shall ask them for some input.

:)

Advertisement