Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irc ?

• 28-06-2003 1:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Hi I've been useing IRC a while and come across a very annoying person. They use the /who command to seek me out constantly. They get around my ignores no matter what format I put it down as (*.host.com etc)

Does anyone know of a service that I can connect to with my irc that will display a different IP on the irc server ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you could just make yourself invisible

/mode nick +i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Would you care to provide us with the name of your "irc stalker"? ... and what server [i'm presuming its the Quakenet one]. Also, contact the IRC operators (Read the MOTD) and if on Qnet visit #feds .... possibly.

Though i would also like to know about a program that can mask my IP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Some networks have a function where you can mask your host once you are registered with services.
    Command is something like /set vhost+ blah.com.
    Handy for hiding your ip(assuming u don't dcc of course!) :)
    Best way is still ignore your stalker, they'll get bored if you dont respond. If its bothering you get in touch with an IRCop on the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Try doing:
    /mode USERNAME +x

Then try /whois USERNAME, and /dns USERNAME to see if it'll give your hostmask / IP. If it doesnt (either providing mis-information/error) then it's worked, and your IP/Hostmask won't be visible to anyone else either.

If you are on Quakenet as someone above suggested, your hostmask should appear as ~name@name.users.quakenet.org and /dns USERNAME should return "Unable to resolve name.users.quakenet.org"

Unfortunately you have to type the command everytime you connect, but if you're using mIRC / Similar you can just add it to the "Perform" section in Options (and it will automatically do it every time you connect).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

You really should talk to your girlfriend when she comes online looking for you, not try to hide away where she can't see you ... chances are she'll enjoy your pr0n collection too ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement