Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ADSL Bill Warning

Options
  • 28-06-2003 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Ok...just got the eircom bill €365....OMG.

Of course billed since installation + back charges for RADSL + 2 months forward billing.

Thing is......they've billed me from the 24th of April, and I only started using the service from the 13th of March.

They say that the service was active from the 24th of april.

Utter twaddle....I had a daily battle with them because it wasn't provisioned within their advertised 10 day service agreement.

I did not get call telling me my service was active, and it was only when I was messing around with my router, did I realise that it was working, and phoned eircom to get my password etc. on the 13th

My service history (http://broadbanddownload.eircom.net) shows it only active from the 13th also.

They are cheekily trying to charge me for an additional 3 weeks rental.

Check your bills when they arrive and see if this is a common occurance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Ive heard that Eircom Wont charge you if you go over in the first 2 months is this true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

I have a similar issue with Eircom, they charged me AFTER I had cancelled the service....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    Ive heard that Eircom Wont charge you if you go over in the first 2 months is this true?

This is a popular, though potentially unfounded rumour.

I do note however that on the website eircom 'reserve the right' to charge me if I go over the cap. So they may charge, they may not, it is at their discretion. I am currently 0.5gig over this months cap........we'll wait and see.

Though on the other hand, I ordered ADSL from a radio campaign and have yet to be sent anything out regarding a 'cap' or even resembling a 'contract'.....so Mr eircom, I am unsure of what this charge is for!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

the contract is apaprently on the installation cd you get from them.
    You agree to install their software then u agree to the contract./

However a lot of people are on Eircom and never installed the software.

I like a lot of people was never given a CD by eircom...

I think you only get it when you buy a modem from them....

Otherwise their attitude is "you're on your own bucko"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I don't think that DSL stats site works at all for the past three months when I log into it it says i'm over my cap no matter what part of the month I log in. I remeber at the end of last month it said I had dowloaded over 12 gigs for the month of may but now it's a more realistic 3244MB. this month I'm up to 6306MB so far which is nonsence because I have done little or no dowloading this month becuase I have been working alot. Anyone else have this sort of problem?

Ryan

I remember the Eircom engineer who was writing the software for measuring the downloads was posting on here a while back.

He said that the reason they were not charging at the moment is they cannot figure out how to accurately measure things... Hence the reason for the figures being arseways...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

so...let me get this straight....

I have subscribed to a service that I will not have to sign a contract to use, but which eircom may try and impose restrictions/charges on the service offered without making me aware that these restrictions/charges exist.....

hmmm....I can forsee me making many calls to ComReg to dispute any and all additional charges from eircom...

...just as a sidenote, I still haven't recieved any welcome pack. or microfilters....as of Friday they are still pending on eircom's system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

i'm expecting exactly the same (but i'm going with IOL).
    I signed and sent the contract on 30 May, technically, we're on for 12 months from then on. I was willing to wait 10-14 days, no prob. But i'm still waiting and they are completely unable to tell me how this is gonna work.
    They tell me they have to bill me first, in which case i'll be paying until next July, but my contract expires on 30 May, see?
    I've pestered them daily, wrote them letters - forget it - this is something you can screw them with in court...and only then will they give you a straightforward answer ....
    this broadband forum makes for such depressing reading....
    cheers.
    :mad:

Advertisement