Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Server Admins

Options
  • 03-01-1999 5:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

K,

Short and sweet. Due to the behaviour of some ppl (we all know who they are) the op/admin election on the servers is changing. I've set the options on the servers to make it V hard for non-intended ppl to take ops and control the game. These intended ppl have just been mailed and are, as I consider them to be, ppl who are a fair-minded cross section of the quake community. Theres also a couple of ppl who I havent gotten an email addy but will be contacted pretty soon.

These ppl are encouraged to kick unruly behaviour from the servers, unruly being what they feel like putting up with. Dont bother complaining no-one is gonna listen.

To the muppets who'll inevitably reply with elitist accusations - SHOP ELSEWHERE!! I dont give a flying fu(k!!

To those who think they deserve admin status let me know - and thats not a guarantee - the rest of the ops must vote on it.

May the Flames commence...,

Slosh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭MikeS

i for 1 am all for that mate well done!. I and a few ppl who i helped to set up on the net to play Quake (some of whom quit cause of the bull from some ppl) say...good on ya!

MikeS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Yep! Have to agree with this one.

Some people might say that it is not a fair solution but then again, just look at all the crap that went on when there was a fair system in place. Unfortunate but true, ya have to be cruel to be kind.

Nice one.

I have to say though that it is not only hte ppl who get kicked/victimised that were suffering under the old system, I've never been kicked (well, except once when I connected to a server with a clan match going on, and once the admin explained why the kicking took place, all was peace and lovliness!!!) but I have had a good game ruined but constant moaning from ppl who deserved to be kicked and wanted revenge by going for admin in order to kick others. Hopefully the solution above will put a stop to that.

Advertisement