Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hubris, Yield, Minion, Locust @ tbmc wed 2nd july

Options
  • 28-06-2003 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

well pretty much got it all in the subject!!

tickets are €5 on the door, band members will have a couple of freebees so get in contact with one asap!!

All of the above band are going to be massive, so get down to the tbmc on wed!

rob
    www.yieldmusic.cjb.net

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

As far as I know this is actually a FREE gig. IRIS are running an acoustic gig in the same venue that night and our's is definitely free.

We have the side room and the bar, and Gigsmart has the main room.

To my knowledge there is a free gig every Wednesday in the TBMC until the end of the summer.

This week we have...

Tadhg Cooke and Ed Hurrell playing in the side room, with one more to be confirmed.

Djs Paddy Fagan & James Lonergan will be playing indie/rock/hip-hop classics with a lot of your Irish [Whipping Boy, FKOS, Turn, Ten Speed Racer, The Frames] favorites thrown in.

Doors open 8 'til v. late.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 yield

i'll trust ya, i was told band members will have tickets to give out, and when they run out its €5 in!!!

but i'll be standing outside for as long as possible before i'm on giving out tickets to anyone who wants them!!

the more the merrier!

Nah.... its defo free in all night. And the bar is serving pretty late aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

They gave me hundreds of tickets to hand out to the bands and to get the bands to hand them out to their mates, I can't think why they'd do that if it was going to be free in without a ticket????

Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 yield

well, lets just say the only way to find out is when everyone turns up on the door!!!

expect a queue if we try this though so get there early!!

presume doors open 8ish!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Niall S.
    They gave me hundreds of tickets to hand out to the bands and to get the bands to hand them out to their mates, I can't think why they'd do that if it was going to be free in without a ticket????

Niall.

It sounds like a cheeky form of flyering to me. The gig is DEFINITELY FREE.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Of course it's free, who in their right MIND would pay to see these bands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

Not to be an all round know it all, but I have organized 31 gigs in the music centre since January and about 25 of them have been gigs like these.
    All of them were ticket or five Euro on the door thats the way that they worked out, there still free gigs but if you don't have a ticket ( which 95% of the time there is someone standing outside handing out free tickets ) its the 5 yoyo's.
    Having said that I've never co organized any of these gigs before so maybe there is a different approach this time round, but it is worth checking out first.

Niall.

Final message I swear -

This gig is definitely FREE in for all - whether or not you got a free ticket or not.

IRIS Acoustic is free in from 8pm on with Ed Hurrell beginning his set at 9pm and Tadhg Cooke at 10pm.

Before, after and during Paddy and James are DJing in the bar.

From 8pm on GigSmart bands are in the Main Hall - this is also FREE.

Case Closed.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

There is an Australian Band/Singer called Hubris, hope things don't get ugly down th line!

:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement