Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom problem

Options
  • 28-06-2003 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having problems connecting to eircom's free service. Since they changed there number, I keep getting a problem saying that the computer you are connecting to didn't answer. Its been happening for about 4 days.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Try doing what I did.
    So created an account with UTV with the same name and password, then edited part of the phone number on the dial up connection (ie. No other settings changed) and havn't had any problems since..

So this was an eircom problem - and since they are no cheaper than UTV - I have not bothered to inform them as no reason to go back - they are not faster or more reliable.

What really annoyed me was all the test emails worked - turned out the connection was dropping after a minute or so - so none of the real emails would send. Obviously this is not them trying to generate more revenue through increased call charges, it's just incompetance.

I'll say it again the UTV connection works using the same settings that worked previously with Eircom (Ok it uses a different phone number) - Site Location: Waterford Cty Centre

PS. still getting email from eircom.net

Advertisement