Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

someone on boards has hacked my e-mail

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i got a similar virus today kevin9.zip or something and it contained a .scr file which was the Bugbear virus. I had my viruscan pick it up right away of course.

I am teh plageu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I know who it was here is a garda composite of the suspects

hackers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah, probably hacked their way in through Shinzons pci bus.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I have a PCI taxi.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I hate to disapoint you shinzon but bugbearb is as rampant at the moment as The Clap is with the population of Ireland. Did it ever occur to you someone who may have had yer email address in their address book contracted bugbearb and as a result of it , it likes to send itself to others and infect them... And then from you to them and so on and so forth. Bugbeabr is as common as ****. Dont feel special in having recieved it.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.bugbear.b@mm.removal.tool.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Shinzon your an idiot. An absolute idiot. That virus is so common. Your completely overreacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

time.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

shot.jpg

Im so terribly bored..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Originally posted by ecksor
    Referrer logs? Those aren't proof of anything (also easily fakeable) although I'll admit that it's a strong indication.

Feel free to send me such logs via private message or e-mail btw. I won't reveal to you who it was, but it's no harm for us to have an idea of who's acting the muppet.

Eksor - the referrer logs are enough proof for me at the moment that someone was playing around. As I said it was some "script kiddie" that either used a desktop application, like a scanning tool / security auditing software tool or some script from the web.

The logs show that whoeever it was tested for some VERY old iis vunerabilities (which i found cute) such as the webhits.dll vunerability. They also checked for some more up to date ones - like formmail. They tried pathing to formmail script like so "http://www.2bscene.net/cgi-bin/formmail.cgi", then they tried ".pl". My structure isnt like this - even though I have updated my script.

I actually feel stoopid now for not reading the initial post by shin, I just dived in - i guess i give people on this board too much respect ;).

I can send you the ip address of this person and the actions he took - I'd feel bad though, after he/she tried all these attacks, he then bookmarked my site!!!!! :)

So although I'm not happy someone tried to hack my site - i did find this guy kinda funny.........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

RE 50cent
    Shinzon your an idiot. An absolute idiot. That virus is so common. Your completely overreacting.

Nasty Echo in here can something be done about the acoustics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Lock this thread its run its course, ive lost all desire to interact on it anymore, and I think tellox should be banned for a reasonable amount of time for puttting up a screenshot like that, but he wont so thats all i gotta say about that

i have the ip thats enough for me

Shin

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You got a common virus. That ip most likely leads to a completely innocent person who was also virused, but hey, good luck with your OJ-like hunt for the true perp.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement