Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLEASE READ THIS EVERYONE!

Options
  • 02-01-1999 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

jay.......
    u said in ure post pl should b allowed to use any original name instead of using someone else's.......
    well then wtf did u kick me SEVERAL TIMES off ca last Thursday night/Friday morning......
    i was in there under the nick Bart which no one else uses and ppl refused to play with me and demand i get kicked...then u kicked me several times......ffs urea hypocrite and I'm ure worst nightmare because of that......u gonna do that to every newbie or quaker that uses a diff nick that belongs to no one?
    ffs grow up

and the rest of yee........ffs yeer ALL acting like a spoilt pack of 2 yr old's!
    quake in general has gone down hill because of all this muppetry i think more harsh rules need to b set and only trusted, dedicated quakers ( dev and vex for instance, that is just an example theres plenty more like them) should have the recon passes so there is none of this bull of little sh its kicking ppl who seriously want a game, coz they feel like it!
    irc is not totally separate from quake coz its all the same ppl and yee ant exactly hang around arguing on the fupping servers coz that would only spark more sh.it
    i mean ffs just look at ureselves!......take a good look and i no I'm not perfect either but I'm not biased and something has to b done BIG TIME both in irc and quake......us ops can uphold irc but those who run the servers need to re-evaluate the admin situation and bans n stuff
    shiva was right........yeer power hungry little muppets who if yee seriously wanted to play quake like a lot of us....yee'd play and shut the fupp up or get out!......its always yee that then go fupping complaining to who runs the server or shiva coz of this and yee fupping start it 99% of the time!

If yee have a problem with soemone in particular….take it privvy in irc leave the servers for quake and quake alone. yee spent ages complaining we had none now we have and yee still not happy ffs

IF YEE DON'T LIKE THE WAY IT'S GOING STOP THE FUPPING CRAP AND TRY TO DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE...mention it to whoever runs it!.…if they ignore u ..tuff if not well then yeer happy…
    Just quit all the fupping sh!t….its getting really really annoying and if continues I doubt we will have any servers to play on and then yee'll just turn around and blame others…….GROW UP AND PLAY QUAKE its what we love and please don't take it away from those who love it coz if this keeps it it will goL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

yeah, adra, i agree with you...

I know of a few newbies who get non stop abuse...
    I was in channel Quake, and some guy came in using comic chat - some op (i wont name him, but he knows who he is) kicked him.
    then the lad came back in and asked why he was kicked ? but the op told him to get lost
    meself and my mate tried to defend him, but the op said something stupid.
    What's worse is that this op was ranting and raving about muppets a few weeks ago !

Another instance is me mate(in real life) who goes by the quake name "Critic" gets a load of abuse, just cos he gets 300 pings ? I know hes not the best, and we never like to play with newbies - but he has been playing quake for well over a year, longer than a lot of people(althought he plays only a little), and he was getting ****e on servers.

If some ppl can't uphold your own rules, don't go bending them.

I'm not condoning all ops, as many of them do a ver good job indeed, but recently many people have been condoning "muppets" such as ste and his "happy gang" - theres more to it than them.

H-K

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Another "useful" but vague anecdotal recollection of a time when an unnamed op (why unnamed??) kicked someone for no clear reason. Allegedly.

As for Critic, he may get a bit of a slagging but I've never seen it get abusive.
    In fact just today the ops were talking about making a newbie ffa server so ppl can practise skills before joining the main servers.

And I think you should look up the word "condoning". As they say in the Princess Bride, "I do not think it means what you think it means"

DeVore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

but the moral of the story is not everybody is perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Finally, people are starting to see that quake is going from good to s h i t in ireland at the mo. When i first started about easter last year ppl where really nice and I played some good games, the summer was good as well but after iqcl finals things started to die down, and nothing really happened till qp and since then things have just been crap.

The thing about kicking comic chatters is a loada crap and why are ppl not naming names?? they should be so that ppl can sort them out.

and ppl wonder why I`m never on any more....

Ro.

just having a nice little rant :).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually it sort of comes and goes. Back when I left Q1, the muppetry was rampant to the point where quite a few muppets were messing up games on purpose.

Least they never moved onto Q2 :) well for a while anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tecno

here here its the same in quake2 even when new clans start off they get nothing but abuse from other clans who dont generaly give them a chance and now the quake2 scene only has 5 or 6 clan when DzR became a quake1 clan we were laughed at and told how we were going to get hammerd (we didnt care but thats not the point)
    Damn the Muppetry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

the only new clan that got abuse was kashmir (from HIV anyway), mainly cause they stated they'd, ahem, kick our ****s, insulted Castors mother (gotta luv em) and then wouldn't play us. oh, and most of the members got kicked by the battleground mod for using zbots, but we won't go into that or post up the server logs now will we :)

I'm more than happy to help newbies or new clans with config stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Little fu[ckers, insulting my mother - bleedin' cheek :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

still you gotta admit tho, most of the ppl who play Q2 are what could be defined as "sound". Theres a lot less muppetry(its almost non-existant)and messing going in Q2 than in Q1. We tend to concentrate on playing the damn game and the people who play it. If you'll notice all the posts about Q2 on this board are generally concerning help ppl are asking for with the game itself, tactics on levels/weapons etc..theres nothing slagging off specific players or supposed "muppets". When Q2 started to get off the ground here first it was a pretty ramshackle affair, and there were a good few conflicts of personality(i know, i was involved in a fair few)..but over the last 5 months, the irish q2 scene has settled down, and were all mates, most of us have met each other in real life and theres no more sh!te. Q1 however, always seems to be in the throes of "who kicked/banned who" or "muppet of the week". I rest my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ive never met castors mother or slagged her off. mind you, im not exactly delighted with the 'spawn of satan' she has cast out of her house.
    hey noggie, if youre helpin newbies with q2 stuff, any chance of the number of your hair stylist? or even the revhellfires?
    and lets face it, most of the posts by q2ers consist mainly of beer, talking ****e or asking for help with modems or opengl or something.
    but at least we dont have the muppets
    :)
    whitewash

• Advertisement
Advertisement