Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Totally off recent topic so I apoligise in advance!

Options
  • 04-01-1999 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Yeah so I want to over-clock me PII. I know to increase THE MULTIPLIER, THE BUS SPEED and REDUCE BIOS TIMINGS but do I have to actually change the jumper settings on the motherboard to say PII300 settings??

Cave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LockAndLoad

General LockAndLoad here with a piece of friendly all American advice...get out your 50 calibre machine gun and blast that ******* to hell and back if he wont overclock for ya!...then slap some sanctions on him and inspect him from time to time to make sure he does!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Cave,

it depends on what type of board you have. If intel then youre screwed before you start. If its not then you might be ok.

First of all check have you one of those cool BIOS's where you can clock the machine without touching the jumpers. If you have then its just a case of changin it there.
    Otherwise you have to open her up and look for the jumpers. The PII hasnt a fixed multiplier like the celeron, so generally you can clock the bollix out of it. Write back in here and tell me what type of board and bios you have.

Zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Cave

Yup Zero, thnx for the reply. Yeah it has that cool BIOS thing where I can select the clock speed, its a BX motherboard and I even have a link down dayer to me board, has a pic an all! :)

http://www.tyan.com/html/s1830.html

Let me know what the storey is. Thnx lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

It's not a BX board in the link, but if you DO have a BX board, hop into the bios and go to the " !! CPU SOFT !! " menu, change the settings from 266(66) or whatever it is to User-Define, and set ure own settings then. You might have to change the core voltage on the chip up slightly to prevent crashing, it's safe as far as 2.2V, just watch the temperature guage.
    Zero.

Advertisement