Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Galaxies forum

Options
  • 28-06-2003 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

With my order shipped and on the way I was just wondering would it be possible to have a forum set up for Galaxies? Sure some stuff would probably fit into the mmorpg forum but it'd be handy for stuff like server/character listings, dings, alliances, trading, that sort of stuff. It could be put under the massively multiplayer forum just like the way sci-fi/fantasy gives further forums such as Star Trek and Star Wars as well as the sci-fi/fantasy forum itself. It'd be pretty handy.
    If the forum wasnt active after a month or two it could be deleted but I think Galaxies having it's own forum could bring a lot of people to the game as well as provide a handy discussion point for current players.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

I agree, I have also ordered the game and think a galaxies forum would be a great benefit to the players. The game looks as if it will be a big hit and have massive numbers of players here requiring a new forum

Why will no one reply to thread? Seems like a valid suggestion to me

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

Everyone over on the MM forum who was in beta said it was ****. Wait a few weeks. The MM forum is sufficient for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

It'll just get confusing with dings and stuff. SWG may have had a rough launch but that doesnt mean its a bad game and its such a massive and complex game that it should get it's own dedicated forum, at least for a trial run if nothing else.

Just take a look at the character builder http://www.beafraid.com/swgcb/swg-cb.php?prof_id=6 it has a lot of bells and whistles, so many infact that it could need a new forum. You dont want loads of "what class will you be in galaxies" or "what planet are you starting on" threads in mmorpg forum

• Advertisement

Exactly, you could have had Counter-Strike in with the Half-Life forum but the game had enough merit to deserve its own forum, Galaxies is the same.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Detonated Sauce
    Why will no one reply to thread? Seems like a valid suggestion to me

Perhaps because the original post was posted on Saturday night at 9 pm and you posted just 5 hours later at 2am.

What do you think we do? Sit here awaiting the next pearls of wisdom to drop from Sloth's mouth so we can act on them?

Sorry, I was out getting drunk with mates.

Oh, and posting like that is a damn good way to get up my hooter. You'll get the forum in my own time. K?

DeV.

But I thought this was your job..., you life even

Was that a yes or a no then? :confused:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its an "I'll decide when I am good and ****in' ready". How about that?

And DS, wtf is up with you? PMS?

DeV.

• Advertisement

Woah there, calm down and relax. Go away, have a little drink of tea, think about it and come back with an answer in your own time.

Between a number of things going on round here this last 36 hours I'm starting to feel angry.

And I think I like it.

DeV.

Well fair enough if you have anger management problems, theres ways of dealing with that, I can get you in contact with a helpful stress manager if you think thats what you need, hes really good. Just PM me if you want his number.
    You may think you like it but anger isn't a solution to everything, talk to this guy, I'm sure he can help.
    Have a sleep on it and you'll feel better about it in the morning, then you can make a decision.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

He's not the only one pissed off.

DS and his signature shenanigans and Sloth with his preaching and stupid insults are getting on my nerves along with about 20 others. Babysitting you lot *shouldn't* be a full time job.

hmm signature shinanigans eh?
    well if you can call "making sure everyones sig obeys the rules and is not off by a few pixels even though its under half the max filesize" babysitting go ahead

Oh really Sloth... gosh, thanks ever so much. I'm so grateful.
    Condescending?[1] Moi?

DeV.

[1] That means "talking down to" btw...

DS... you come up with the "why hasnt anyone answered this post" **** (which I still dont see you retracting or explaining).
    then when Ecksor admins your sig because its way too big you put another one up that exactly 1 pixel bigger then the guidelines.

Dont you think thats just poking us in the eye?

DeV.

Well I was just getting worried that no-one was going to reply to the thread since Sloth started it especially after the custom aviatar incident. I may have gone over the line (literally) by making the sig one pixel too big, but come on, whats pixels among friends?

DeVore please, if you have a gripe against Sauce or me then start up a seperate thread, please don't bring it all crashing down into this one. I feel slightly trapped to be honest because I'm trying not to start up a fight which seems to be what you want to do, basically take it to a different thread if you need to let off steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

... proving how not to become mod of a board that you suggest.

• Advertisement

I never asked to mod it did I?

Originally posted by Detonated Sauce
    Well I was just getting worried that no-one was going to reply to the thread since Sloth started it especially after the custom aviatar incident. I may have gone over the line (literally) by making the sig one pixel too big, but come on, whats pixels among friends?

Worried??
    You gave us 5 hours on a saturaday night! Some of us have lives and we DONT take kindly to be poked to respond.

And then you deliberately make your sig a pixel too big. Thats REAL smart. Way to go.

Sloth, I'll do as I please thanks all the same. I've pm'ed you so that we can take my "anger management" offline. k thx bye.

DeV.

whats pixels among friends?

It's taking the piss.

Taken offline.....but I still want a response rather than obsessing over the size of someone's sig....in your own time, of course.

Originally posted by Sloth
    Taken offline.....but I still want a response rather than obsessing over the size of someone's sig....in your own time, of course.

Fair enough.

Response -> NO. **** RIGHT OFF

I didn't ask you, DeVore is the one making the decision on it.

I'm really not sure what to do with you.

I made the sig one pixel bigger to annoy you yes, but I cannot understand what was wrong with my first one, it hadnt got a massive filesize, it was a bit too big but I didnt hear any people complaining and its a sig. (and don't say "why do you even care about us removing it if its only a sig" ) But anywho quarrels aside I would like to see a Star Wars Galaxies forum and I'll try not to bother you again. I wasnt trying to start a fight with you either DeV by asking why no on had replied. I was genuine in asking that. You seemed to have taken it the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

/me hands out chillax pills.

Take two every hour everyone and do not operate heavy machinery or stressful forums.

• Advertisement

DeVore seems to be hinting that no is the likely response to the forum request, shame really. Sorry Det Sauce, I tried.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement