Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Geforce FX 5600?

• 28-06-2003 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Im drawn between these two Graphics Cards. The Asus V9560 GeForce FX 5600 256MB DDR and the Gainward GeForce FX 5600 256MB DDR 3,6ns . The reason im asking is that I cant get the proper specs for the Gainward one. Could anyone tell me which one is better. I think the Asus is better but I cant be sure unless i know the spec of the gainward.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

don't know which one is better but i've a ti4200 asus card and i've never had problems with it installed it loaded up newest drivers and bam 100fps in everything i play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

i kinda like this one it has the video suite thingy which lets u record tv onto your hd. i no it only has 128 of ram but thats enough atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

Which 5600 says you? Neither says me!

Great features and FSAA, DX9 support etc. but they've been known to underperform even GF4MX's.

I'd buy a cheapo GF4Ti for the mo' (until DX9 is the norm) and wait for nVidia to sort themselves out or for Ati 9600/9800 Pro's to drop in price.

my 2c

RC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Actually when i think about it, is there much point of getting a 8x AGP Card when I only have a 4x AGP Slot. Would I be better off getting a 4x one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

most cards today are now 8x i've one and i've only got a 4x slot plus since i've a dell my AGP appiture (sp.) size is limited to 64mb whereas i have a 128mb card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The arpeture size can be adjusted in the BIOS. Look in video configuration it should go up to 256Mb.

Advertisement