Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DEAFireland.com launch party

• 28-06-2003 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else here at the launch in Traffic last night?
    Really good night, Mark Broom was fantastic, pity it was so crushed in there!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

christ i heard nothin bout broom playin in duvblin at all! wouldve loved to have seen him

pity it was in traffic all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Helix
    christ i heard nothin bout broom playin in duvblin at all! wouldve loved to have seen him

pity it was in traffic all the same

He was great!
    traffic is a fantastic venue, was my first time there, the D1 night is held in the basement which really suits that sort of music I gotta say. They also have a really nice sound system, video wall, PS2 booths and....CLEAN TOILETS.

Now Switch is gone methinks it'll be my regular haunt for techno/electro! :)

they dont usually have techno there too often tho do they? i know d1 do the odd night, how regular is it tho?

music center is the best techno venue in dublin

havent been to the metropilitan yet, but they get some serious lineups on a thursday nite

they dont usually have techno there too often tho do they? i know d1 do the odd night, how regular is it tho?

music center is the best techno venue in dublin

havent been to the metropilitan yet, but they get some serious lineups on a thursday nite

D1 are there every Friday now.
    I haaaaaate the music centre!
    Metropolitan on thursday (electric city) is really good too.

i honestly dont understand how anyone can hatre the music center. the reason its so great is because it doesnt try to be great, its a room with no frills whatsoever

the sound system is class too... and an absolute JOY to mix on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bren M

^^ yeh helix, but sum ppl dont go for the music they go to look at the lights and get mad outta it.

lol aye spose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Stimpy

What a night!!!

First time in Traffic (refused entry a few weeks back on a Saturday as I wasn't a "regular").

Well impressed by the sets put together by the D1 crew, I didn't know much about Mark Broom, other than he was highly recommended and he played a blinder.

Good to see a few faces I recognised from the Tivoli and Switch.

Well worth another visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 claudius

mark broom is better as a producer than a dj, imo, with a mind-boggling list of releases and monikers. 'angie is a shoplifter', the album under his own name on his label, pure plastic, is one of my favourite techno/house albums of all time (after sterac's secret life of machines).

but friday night was very enjoyable.

i honestly dont understand how anyone can hatre the music center. the reason its so great is because it doesnt try to be great, its a room with no frills whatsoever

the sound system is class too... and an absolute JOY to mix on

I just think it lends itself better to live bands, that's all! Much more fun to see good DJ's in places like Switch (RIP :-( ) and the basement of Traffic, my new favourite venue!

• Advertisement
Advertisement