Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Cards

Options
  • 04-01-1999 3:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hmm....

Dunno if anyone can help me, but I'll give it a shot.

I was told by three seperate Creative Labs technicians that I should be able to get higher then 800*600 on my Creative Voodoo 2 12 Megs. But I can't get it to work.

Teeth told me that you need SLI to get the higher res to work.

Was wondering if anyone out there knows any little tricks I can do to get the higher res?

Kegs.
    :):):):):):):)

PS, Where's Shinji? I miss all his smiley faces. :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

As far as I know you need SLI. However I'm running 3dfx enhanced windows desktop in 1280x1024. Don't notice anything supposed to let you run 3dfx enhanced windows programs or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Cave

Yep Keg lad u need SLI to run 3dfx in 1024x768 and even if u did get it to run on one card the frame rate would be sh*te! 800x600 is just as good anyway, only real difference is the text is a bit smaller and the graphics look a tiny wee bit smoother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Square_Pusher

enchanced 3dfx desktop. Does that mean you have 2d drivers for ur v2 if so where can i get them as i want to run duel monritors

Thanks

Square "IRISH" Pusher

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Dunno came with the board. It's got massive sign saying "3dfx accelerated. Not for export outside the US or canada" when I click the windows setup. Still looks like it doesn't do **** though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You do need the SLI alright, I run it in 960 x 720 at about 60fps. The main difference I notice is the player models look a lot better, the wall textures and stuff look the exact same. And, as Cave points out, the text is pretty unreadable in 1024 x 768 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

That 'enchanced 3dfx desktop' your talking about is that 'lovely' purdy picture it places as your wall paper..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

Get a Riva TNT you Voodoo II muppets!

Advertisement