Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom high-speed setup

• 29-06-2003 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

A mate recently signed up for eircom high-speed and the Diva modem (I think) was sent out to him....but he doesn't know how to set this up....I had a quick look at the modem last night and it looked straight forward enough with a parallel and serial connection on the modem...once I set this up and install the relevant software will it simply connect at the higher speed once he dials in??....or do Eircom have to flick switches in the exchange etc.etc...??....regards..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

when your making the connection in dial-up networkinf just make sure that the connection uses the isdn modem and make sure it's connected to the eircom plug and play box with the isdn phone cable and then dial the connection and he should be able to enjoy isdn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

you need an ISDN compliant ISP and if Eircom have set up the box on the wall in your friends place he should be enabled on the exchange.

Advertisement