Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant connect to i-stream today (Sunday)

• 29-06-2003 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Back to dial-up for me today, i keep getting the error

"Error 678 - there was no answer"

The ASDL thing in the traybar is green, and im even dialed up on the same phoneline w/ the modem.

Anyone else having similar issues today? (if you have alternative access :o )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

fine for me.

Are you adsl or radsl? (Solo or Starter?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

starter

ive tried about 70 times to connect.....and i aint kidding! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

clear your cache and temp files uninstall reinstall the drivers, if tha doesnt work, unplug the modem for a period of 30 seconds then plug it back i again and try and connect , that dont work your gonna need to ring eircom

regards

shin

Cleared temp files
    cleared cache
    re-installed drivers (3 times)
    tried connection from another computer (which i was using i-stream on before)

rebooted dozens of times

the DSL icon in the traybar is green, it says it detects a modem and that the link is connected

I havent changed anything since yesterday (when i last used it)

I have no idea why its not working. All i get is

"dialing *.." > "Error 678 There was no answer"

I'm going nuts here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I take it you're using XP :)
    Try resetting PPPoE, instructions here:
    http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,52756-2,00.html

• Advertisement

Nope, win2k

I take it that problem doesnt apply then :confused:

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

i-stream enhanced has been up and down all weekend for me,

I rang them on friday and a flustered tech guy admitted it was out all over the place and he didnt offer any information as to when it would be stable again

its cut out on me twice today ,It seems connected then internet traffic stops.
    rebooting the router a few times brings it back, its extremely annoying

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

netsource was out for a while on friday too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Netsource poo, bah it takes ye like 350ms to connect anyway :):):)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Psssh, I'm not complaining.

• Advertisement

Same problem today - i never changed ANYTHING and since then ive done EVERYTHING and it still wont connect! :mad:

Ive e-mailed tech support, no reply yet. There online chat support just crashes, i cant get a conversation in.

Where are all you geniuseses. I'm dying here! (on 56k) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭lynchie

Same thing has been happening to me over the past two weeks. No internet traffic but the router is synch'ed with the exchange. Reboot the router a few times and it comes back. Router was running over 8 months without a single disconnect.

Mailed eircom but they politely told me to f**k off as I was running an 'unsupported' router (beacuse I didnt buy one of theirs) and my OS was Linux which they wont support either!!! They blamed my hardware and OS!!!!! muppets :)
    Originally posted by echomadman
    i-stream enhanced has been up and down all weekend for me,

I rang them on friday and a flustered tech guy admitted it was out all over the place and he didnt offer any information as to when it would be stable again

its cut out on me twice today ,It seems connected then internet traffic stops.
    rebooting the router a few times brings it back, its extremely annoying

Called Eircom today -the Dundrum exchange is f***ed apparently, but they are "rebuilding the server"

(probably fell off the table :rolleyes: )

Im now 3 days off i-stream, and i was told it could be tonight or tommorrow at the EARLIEST that its back.

I want to complain, but it seems pointless. This isnt my idea of always on broadband :mad:

Advertisement