Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Win2k Pro

Options
  • 29-06-2003 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm currently running win98se and I'm just wondering how much win2k pro can stand up to it from a media/games point of view?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Can't give you a technical insight into the benefits of Win2k over Win98, but I can tell you that ever since I switched (~a year and a half ago), I haven't had any problems running games or multimedia programs.

Oh and it's never crashed... not once :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Win2K > Win98

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

Upgrade, definately worth it. I still recommend WinXP over all though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

technical win2k kills 98se.
    nt memory management, can properly address memory up to 4gigabytes(limation impossed by 32bit computing)..
    designed for security,reliability and networking environment,

rock solid,
    unifed driver model, very stable (if developers confirm it to)

very compatable, wont work with older dos games beware..

very lean, runs great any anything with more the 64megs of ram.

overall fantastic operating system
    and the power users windows operating system of choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Highly Recommended - Very Stable, Fast and useable.

Couple of points though.

Make sure you have Service pack 3 (or 4, it should be oficially out this now) as they cures lots of little problems (like native USB 2 support).

WinXp will be better (6months time) for 1Ghz 512 MB machines due to faster boot time and protected video memory.

tribble

• Advertisement
Advertisement