Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone help me get Half-Life to work in opengl (please)

Options
  • 30-12-1998 8:19pm
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Its the oddest thing. Every time I try to play it with the 3dfx minigl driver it just hangs with a black screen and says loading. zip. the default setting returns with some crap about my card not supporting that mode, so I'm left playing it in crappy software mode. HELP!!
    I've updated all my drivers etc. nothing.
    The weird thing is that once, I re-installed all my old drivers and I got it working. Then the next day when I booted up, it wouldn't work. After 2 hours of trial and error, I got it working again - and once more the next day it would no longer run!.
    Just what the hell is going on?
    Can anyone help or am I doomed to fork out cash to get a Voodoo2 in the vain hope it might work with that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

it will only work with the latest release of the glide drivers. i think, CT had a problem with this and the latest drivers fixed it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah I had problems with this game too (BEST GAME EVER by the way). The usual stuff about having the latest glide drivers are correct but in my case I had to go to the Web-Site specific to my 3DFX card manufacturers and get their latest drivers. Then it worked.
    If all else fails I'd e-mail sierra.

Musician

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Thanks. However I've already tried that. I've installed the both the manufacturer's and 3dfx's latest drivers and it still doesn't work. Doncha just HATE that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah, i had that problem too with my voodoo1 card. just go to www.3dfx.com and follow the links. also, im not sure about minigl? i think i just left it in default 3dfx mode in 600*800 and it worked perfectly.

hah! wait til ya start getting attacked by your own weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Try the latest DirectX6 drivers for 3dfx max .As that worked for me :)
    Severs u right for not having a V2 card neeways :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TellyTubbY

Ahhhh had this too, get the half life update from Sierra, it fixes the problem

Advertisement