Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices

• 29-06-2003 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

Thought this might be a good idea.

If everyone was to give the price of where they've been and a small account of what they got done (good\bad, aftercare adequate\otherwise etc)

I wanna get my lip done, I've been into metal morphosis and I reckon they're service is gonna be excellent but I also have a sneaking feeling I could pay less somewhere else.

As I'm a piercing and tattoo virgin I can't offer any advice, so eh,

offerers please!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

metal morphosis aint great,bit of a rip off too.
    i'd reccomend bodyshock which is just around the corner,waaay more professional...
    not too sure about prices but you deffo get value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

Dont get it done in metal morphisis! It is cheaper nearly everywhere for starters, and when I got my lip done there (which i took out and get redone in snakebite) it wasnt pierced in the centre (slightly off). Allthough the ring sat in the middle on my lips and few people noticed it was crooked I still knew which annoyed me to hell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

Originally posted by sickle
    metal morphosis aint great,bit of a rip off too.
    i'd reccomend bodyshock which is just around the corner,waaay more professional...
    not too sure about prices but you deffo get value for money.

yeah, i'd second that- metal morphosis is to be avoided- i've never been pierced there, but before i got anything pierced, i looked around a few places to get an idea of prices, how hygenic and clean the studios were, how professional the piercers were, etc, and i found that metal morphosis seemed the worst to me- it's clean certainly, but apart from the exorbitant prices, the staff didn't really seem willing to be helpful, and quite unfriendly. i also didn't like how crowded the shop seemed to get if there's more that 2 people in it (which there invariably is)

the inverse is true, however, of bodyshock, where both myself and my sister have had all our piercings. we've both found them extremely helpful and professional, especially willing to give advice on different piercings, aftercare and jewellery. also, the fact that it's one of the longest running professional piercing studios in dublin is definitely reassuring!

during my travels around piercers, snakebite also seemed very good- the staff were very helpful, but they were slightly more expensive. celestial ring seemed pretty good too, but when i was there, there seemed to be an awful lot of underage kids getting pierced, which wasn't a good sign.

perhaps there should be a sticky with links to reccommended tattooists and piercers

i'll start - www.bodyshock.ie
    (also www.bme.freeq.com is very helpful)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Agreed, don't go to Metal morphosis. They sell lots of nice (but v overprices) jewellery and stuff...but their piercing leaves a lot to be desired.

Celestial Ring in Stephens Green centre are very good (especially my mate Ken lol).
    Here's a price list for them, which'll give a rough idea what you'll pay for a piercing in a reputable studio:

http://www.celestialring.com/info.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

I'd say go 2 celestial ring.Its not as expensive as metal morphosis and the people working there are really nice and helpful :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement