Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No RTE intertoto cup coverage

• 29-06-2003 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

i couldnt believe it an irish premier league club playing in an international tournement and it wasnt even on RTE radio. now i dont want to hear people posting replys saying the the eircom league is crap and so is the intertoto cup.I believe that our national television should take a little bit of pride in our national football league and show the games.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Money talks, sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Thats true but RTE are funded by the exchequer therefore they have to show some unprofitable programmes. they`ve done so in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

RTÉ couldn't give a toss about domestic soccer and anything associated with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

digrace!!

i wish sky had all the FAI rights again, they give full coverage to everything. they showed the u21's and U17's irish games, while RTE didnt give a toss!!

RTE is a joke - they havnt a clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

RTE suck cock.

Look at faircity...the STATE of those "things" they have acting. Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spud

RTE suck..well done shamrock rovers

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

i dont think they should bother - not that many people would be watching it when you think about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

They should put the Liberec (?) match on.

I'd watch that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to expect TV3 to show the game, afterall they and not RTE have the rights to the eircom League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

Well RTE are now allowed to show the eircom league as well (if they wanted to!), I think they can show any highlights they want and any live game they want (as long as TV3 don't want it).
    But to be perfectly honest I wouldn't care what channel it was on as long as we'd be able to see it, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Advertisement
Advertisement